Chapter 1

The Red Rose was a fancy yacht run by the Falconies that not a lot of people could get into but Selina Kyle, Selina Kyle always found a way.

Here amidst the aristocrats of Gotham and a crime family pushed into obscurity, Selina had a mission. Backless black dress and silent footsteps across the Gambling Hall, Selina was looking for some files in the yacht's offices. Her brain was telling her to focus but she was having a hard time controlling her hands seeing all the rich and the clueless walking around bedazzled in glittering jewellery and expensive watches. They all walked around thinking in ignorance thinking that they were safe, that their possessions were safe. Ignorance was a bliss after all and ignorance made for the easiest target. On her way to the offices, she thought a little detour wouldn't hurt anyone.

Wallets, watches, necklaces all for the taking. So easy, so expensive but Selina liked a challenge and a challenge she got.

Mrs. Travers, 41-year-old real estate owner and both a figurative and literal glutton. Around her two necks was a necklace, big and golden with a bright green emerald in the centre. The thing about rich people is that it was easy to nick a watch or a wallet. Unless it had sentimental value, they wouldn't miss it. Mrs. Travers on the other hand would miss her necklace and that's what made stealing so fun.

Selina was going to make sure she did this one directly. She'd love to see the look on her face when she stole the necklace. She'd be hiking up prices over Alleytown, stealing away homes from the people who lived there. Selina wondered how she would feel being stolen from.

Her eyes darted around; the office was in the northmost part of the Casino. Once she took the necklace it wouldn't take long before people start crowding around her and if Travers was as smart as she didn't look, she'd point out Selina in less than a few seconds. The guards would start looking for her and probably follow her through to the offices making her life difficult and challenging. The job would be much, much easier if she just went to the office she was looking for.

But Selina liked challenges.

She blended in with the crowd, ignoring the men calling after her. The ball leapt around the roulette, the cards snapped on the blackjack table and rolled on the poker table. Selina stepped in front of Mrs. Travers and bumped into her, in the process spilling wine on her glittering white dress.

Mrs. Travers was startled at first, staring at the bright red blotch on her precious dress. Selina mumbled a half-hearted sorry before slipping into the crowd. Mrs. Travers was dumfounded at the stain on her dress before her face lit up like a neon sign and she called after Selina.

"Come back here this instant."

Five seconds later she noticed her necklace was missing. "Thief!" she screeched.

By that time Selina had already disappeared into the crowds, slipping the necklace into her purse but that didn't stop the guards from perking their heads up like meercats and start looking for her.

The crowd was panicked, everybody clutching their valuables to them like they were their children. All the while Selina made tried making her way to the offices.

"There she is!" Travers shouted at her. The crowd parted and Selina started making a dash for it as guards sprinted towards her. She groaned as she realised the dress was slowing her down. One of the guards grabbed her, she turned around, grabbed his wrist and flipped him over.

"No touching," she said. She sprinted to the office rooms, dress hoisted up and burst into the side door as guards rushed past the door, screaming after her. When she was sure the coast was clear, Selina rummaged through her purse.

"Time to change into something more... comfortable."

She pulled on her black leather spandex, tightly fitting around her body. With a black mask over her face and bright red goggles. She pulled on her gloves and flexed her fingers to make sure the claws were working before she left the room. Unfortunately, her weapons would have been easy to detect by the metal detectors at the front of the ship so she had to settle with the claws. She slipped the emerald necklace into one of her pouches deciding she could pawn it off later.