Chapter 09 : Last night?

The school day unfolded like any other, with no one mentioning the unsettling incident from the day before. Not a single student, including Taehyun, Soobin, and Hueningkai, brought it up—except for Beomgyu and Yeonjun. Initially, Beomgyu was clueless about what had transpired, but Yeonjun assured him it was all right, claiming he was the reason everyone had forgotten the frightening event.

In truth, Yeonjun had enlisted some Weolhwa scouts the night before to wipe the memory of the incident from every student's mind, including Taehyun, Soobin, and Hueningkai.

Hueningkai was absent that day due to a fever, and Soobin also decided to skip school. When Taehyun asked about Soobin's absence, the older boy simply said, "I'm just taking care of my gum." Taehyun didn't press further, knowing how much Soobin cherished the blond.

During recess, while the rest of the students flocked to the cafeteria, Taehyun found himself sitting alone with a famished Yeonjun, who was busy devouring his sandwich. Beomgyu approached them, limping slightly. Yeonjun's eyes flicked between the two, his curiosity piqued. Taehyun took a sip of his smoothie.

"Why are you limping?" Yeonjun asked, a smirk playing on his lips. Beomgyu's cheeks turned red, and he averted his gaze from Taehyun just as the silver-haired boy choked on his drink, coughing violently.

"What on earth happened last night?" Yeonjun pressed, intrigued by Beomgyu's condition. The expressions on both boys' faces spoke volumes. With a scoff, Yeonjun leaned back in his chair.

"Did you two fuck? Beomgyu's the botto—"

"AHAHAHAHA LOOK, TAEHYUN, WE HAVE A LONG JOURNEY TO GO UNTIL OUR PAIR PROJECT IS DONE!"

Taehyun was taken aback when Beomgyu abruptly shoved a piece of paper in his direction, babbling about whatever came to mind. Yeonjun watched the exchange with a smirk.

"I knew I was right."

"No, you're not. Just be quiet, or I'll stab you with this pen," Beomgyu retorted, prompting a laugh from Yeonjun.

"I was just joking, you fool."

The boy with black hair rolled his eyes in annoyance before refocusing on their history project.

A few minutes later, Taehyun and Beomgyu were still engrossed in their discussion about their vampire history project, while Yeonjun appeared completely disinterested.

"We're halfway through this chaos. Now we just need to tackle these questions," Taehyun said, pointing to the paper. Yeonjun glanced at it and chuckled.

"Seriously?" he exclaimed, looking at Beomgyu, who simply shrugged.

"How to kill a vampire?" Yeonjun laughed at the ridiculousness of the question.

"I've read about this before. To kill a vampire, you need to stab it with a stake or use silver bullets," Taehyun explained. Yeonjun chuckled again.

"True, but sunlight can kill vampires too, but only the regular ones."

Taehyun diligently jotted down the information while nodding. Beomgyu shot a warning glare at Yeonjun, silently mouthing, "What are you doing?" Yeonjun just shrugged in response.

"Listen, Tae. There are three types of vampires: the regular ones, the royal ones, and the noble ones. Regular vampires perish in sunlight, but noble and royal vampires don't. And there are only two vampire realms that exist—"

Beomgyu kicked Yeonjun's leg under the table, his glare intensifying. Yeonjun, however, remained unfazed.

"One is Weolhwa, ruled by the Parks for centuries, and the other is Minseol, governed by the Kims for just as long. Vampires from Minseol can shield themselves from sunlight, disguise their appearances, and even feed on the blood of the corrupted—most of them are nobles too. Meanwhile, we—"

Taehyun looked up, and Yeonjun nervously chuckled, glancing at Beomgyu, who was shooting daggers at him.

"I mean... vampires from Weolhwa include all three types. The Parks are all regular vampires, while the Chois are the royals. They share the same abilities as those from Minseol, except they don't drink from the corrupted," Yeonjun continued, observing as the silver-haired boy diligently took notes.

"Wow, you know so much about vampires!" Taehyun exclaimed excitedly. Beomgyu let out a deep sigh in response.

That's because we are vampires.

Yeonjun casually shook his head, attempting to look innocent.

"Oh, I just love reading about them," he said, giving Beomgyu a playful smirk.

.

He was lost in his thoughts, unaware of the lecturer's words floating around him. His mind had drifted far away, specifically to someone special. Resting his chin on his palm, he stared out the classroom window, completely disengaged from the lesson.

Taehyun couldn't shake off the disbelief from the events of the previous night. This morning, he had woken up to find Beomgyu curled up next to him, their faces mere inches apart. Just a slight movement, and their lips would have brushed against each other. As a result, Beomgyu had limped to school, having been unceremoniously kicked out of bed by Taehyun in a moment of surprise.

Taehyun bit his lip, his cheeks heating up with embarrassment as he recalled how perfectly Beomgyu's arms had enveloped his smaller frame. He had enjoyed the warmth and safety he felt in the older boy's embrace. A small smile began to form on his lips.

"Kang? Is there something outside that has captured your attention more than my lesson?" the lecturer asked.

Startled, Taehyun quickly turned to face Mrs. Song.

"No, Mrs. Song."

"Are you sure?"

Taehyun nodded vigorously, attempting to refocus.

Focus, Taehyun. Focus.

.

ㅡ short update. but trust me, the story will get complicated from now on <3