02 WHAT IS AN OIKAWA?

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

"Ah! L/N-san!"

A sort of high-pitched voice called out to you. You turned your head, only now seeing a ginger running up to you. You try to remember his name, and you believe it is Hinata Shoyo. "Hello, Hinata. What would you like?"

The boy's cheeks heated up and he averted eye contact. "Well... uh... C...could you take some pictures of me jumping?" He plays with his fingers, seemingly embarrassed.

"Sure," you nodded, lifting your camera. The boy grinned, running to the court and Kageyama setting up the ball for him. Hinata jumped up, and when he was at his highest, you snapped a picture.

Thankfully, it wasn't blurry and looked incredible. You were sure you would use this one. When the boy jumped down, he ran up to you and looked at the camera, seeing himself. "Wow! Kageyama look! I look so cool! It was like, whoosh- and bam!"

"What kind of language are you speaking?!" The boy yelled out to the ginger, annoyed.

However, you started to awkwardly half-smile slightly at his cute expressions, making him turn to you, his eyes sparkling. 'What a funny-looking smile!'

"Hmm?" You bent down and ruffled his hair, your lips down-turning to a neutral expression. "You're funny, Hinata."

Head spinning, he smiled widely and without much thought, spoke. Sparkles flew around him. "T-thanks!" Giggling, he stumbled away and held his cheeks. Kageyama rolled his eyes and ran to his friend.

"HINATA, YOU DUMBASS, GET BACK HERE!"

You stared at the two bickering for a bit, until you got bored and felt tired so you sat down on the benches behind you. Looking next to you, you saw a girl.

"Good morning," You greeted, her now looking at you. She looked shocked to see you, eyebrows raised and lips parted. "My name's L/N Y/N. What's yours?"

She looked down for a second, clutching the book she held in her arm tighter. "Shimizu Kiyoko. I've heard of you, L/N." Her voice was soft and quiet—exactly what you expected from looking at her.

"That's funny. Me too." You stared dead at her, which made her swallow nervously. "... You're very pretty. I like your hair," you spoke honestly. You liked her hair. It was shiny.

Her cheeks grew pink, and she looked down to the ground, tucking a loose piece of hair behind her ear. "...thank you, I.. um... like your hair too." 

You could barely hear her over the sounds of volleyballs, because her voice was so meek.

"Y/N-SAMA I GOT THE PICTURES!" F/N nearly tackled you, and probably would've if you didn't grab her arms, and set her down next to you. She was confused, but then noticed Kiyoko next to you and nearly died on the spot.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Shimizu-san! I-I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay." She said calmly, turning away from you two and looking at her book. F/N smiled awkwardly, now linking her arms with yours and leaning her head on your shoulder.

"Hey, hey, look at the pictures! I think they're pretty good! Right, Y/N-sama?" She was desperately looking for your praise. 

And funnily enough, they were. They were much better quality than the ones she usually got. "Thank you, F/N. I appreciate these. I knew I could count on you."