04 COMMON HUMAN DECENCY

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Oikawa—despite being the clear pick for a better setter—because of his prolonged absence, cost his team the game against their rival school.

It was nice to see that they've won, it meant you got to document that they beat Aoba Johsai, the number 4 school in the prefecture. It gave a sense of accomplishment, even if you hadn't truly done anything.

"Thank you for playing with us!"

You, F/N, and Kiyoko stood up, packing things up so you were ready to leave. You had gotten more information than you expected, and if you kept going to new schools, you could have had much more.

Or at least, that's what you told yourself.

Maybe you'd keep tagging along.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

"Takeda was right. But if we want to win a real game against Seijoh with Oikawa in the setter position, we're still missing a vital ingredient." Daichi said as you all started to walk back.

"Wow... very well said, Captain."

You'd recognize that playful voice anywhere. Damn, it's Oikawa.

The pretty boy continued, grinning with his head tilted to the side, "That's surprisingly right."

"LOOK OUT, ITS THE GREAT KING AGAIN!"

"GAH! ITS OIKAWA! STAY AWAY FROM Y/N-SAMA!" F/N made lame karate move chops at him, in a defensive position in front of you.

"What's your damage?" Tanaka walked up to him confidently.

"Got a problem?!" Hinata walked up less confidently, hiding behind his upperclassmen with a scrunched-up pout.

"Want a knuckle sandwich?!" Tanaka threatened.

"Yeah let's rumble!"

"Aw, no need to get yourselves worked up. But hey short stuff, that one touch and broad jump were great." Oikawa said, now smiling hauntingly, leaning forward to the shorter boy (almost as if he were exaggerating the height difference between them). "You should be proud!"

Hinata only smiled nervously at the compliment (that felt more like a thinly-veiled insult) while rubbing the back of his head.

"But next time, we should try doing things full out from the start. You haven't seen our real set-up, but don't worry, we'll be working on perfecting our serves 'till then."

"That combination attack is pretty effective, but you're going to run out of steam at one point. You need to improve your receives." The pretty boy chuckled lightly. "After all, I'm not the only one who does power serves."

You looked at him. Is he referring to Wakatoshi?

He walked up to Kageyama. Oikawa pointed at him—like he were declaring a war between the two vastly different, yet, hauntingly similar, setters. "The inter-high tournaments are coming up, and I want you to make the cut. Listen up carefully, my special prodigy, I want to crush you fair and square. At an official game where we both play the setter."