Love Destroys Love

• Dedicated to anyone who has been destroyed by love.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2010 Rachel Letsche

COPYRIGHT: This story, "Love Destroys Love," including all chapters, prologues/epilogues and associated content (i.e. fanfics, teasers and content within blogs, social network, and eReadings) is copyrighted under the Copyright, Design and Patents Act of 1988. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of this work (Rachel Letsche) and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law. Any links, images, brand names or otherwise copyright material is not my own, and is no cover by my copyright.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART ONE

JANUARY 2005

January 04, 2005

Dear Diary,

Harlie Beth Bryant is my name. There is not much you need to know about me- I am not that complex. Other than today's my birthday and it being absolutely horrible, I'm officially 15 years old, and a 9th grader at the junior high, where I live.

I got a slinky that broke by my older sister who wanted to 'see' it. My cake was satisfactory, but my mom has made better. Like my sisters birthday a couple of months ago. The clothes I got were quite nice for someone who was about ten. The DVD I got was some romantic comedy that was filled with crying and kissing. Of course, my mom was totally into it. The book was also cheap, and the binding was already peeling after reading the first chapter, and got you. Probably the most decent thing I have ever gotten. There were not any candles in the drawer. And my dad didn't feel like rushing down to the store. There was not any singing, for the joy of me being 15. Congratulations to you, for being the best part of my birthday.

You may think you had a hard past life, being put together by machines, and manhandled by smelly fat people who had no lives, but trust me, I have one-step higher. My sister looks exactly like me, almost as if we were twins, but it just so happens that she is the devil. So we are not twins in any shape or form. Besides, she is three years older than I am. However, I could say that she is much prettier than me. Wrong. There was a vast difference.

Oh, I just wanted to tell you there is a mustard stain on page 145. At least I think its mustard. Mostly likely it's not, and one of those fat men's saliva fell out of their mouth. I'm ripping that page out right now...

Sorry, I took a brief pause. My mom wanted to watch the new movie that I got from my birthday.

"Hey, Harlie, come watch a movie with your mom and dad like old times. You got that great movie from your birthday. You'll love it."

"I'd rather not. Besides, I really don't want to hang out."

"Humor me."

"Again, rather not."

"Harlie! Get the fuck down here now!" My father finally barged into the conversation. If I knew that he was standing right there listening to everything I said, I would have gone down and watched it without a second thought.

My father and I...don't get along well. Honestly, I don't feel like he likes me, or even wanted me for that matter. All I know is that I'm stuck with him, for another three years. But I'm staying positive.

I don't have much of a family. My father, Jason, and mother, Marie, both work, my mother as a secretary, and my dad working in some type of biochemical lab. I don't really understand his work. My father has brown hair, and blue eyes...and that's completely different from my mom. My mom has extremely curly red hair, that's turned whiter, despite the monthly highlights. My sister and I, look exactly like my mom, even the same dark chocolate eyes.