05 THE FIVE-YEAR-OLD

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

"Y/N-CHAN! I'M HERE TO PICK YOU UPPP!" F/N's loud voice rang through your ears. You opened your window and looked down to see her jumping up and down happily while standing outside your door.

It was so early. How does she wake up like this? With so much energy, too.

"Hmm, okay. I'll be down in a few minutes." You said, shutting your window. You changed, grabbed a muesli bar, stuck it in your mouth, then grabbed your bag and journal, opening the door. F/N smiled happily at you, now walking beside you as you slid your coat on.

"Sooooo..." F/N started, trailing off with a giggle.

"So?" You raised an eyebrow at her, taking a full bite of your food.

"Are you still gonna hang around with the team? I mean...we already wrote a whole paper about them and Seijoh." She walked with her hands behind her back, her shoes making loud clacks against the concrete.

"Well that's true...but we're friends now, right? That means I shouldn't just leave them alone. That's what friends are for, you taught me that much, F/N." You let out a little chuckle. "Plus, when they get to Inter-high Preliminaries we can document it. I'm sure my teacher won't care, she'll think it's another newspaper I need to print."

F/N grabbed where her heart was, and with tears and snot already running down her face, grabbed you and started to sob. "Y/N-sama, you've grown so- so much! I feel like a proud older sister!"

"I'm older than you?"

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

You two had now arrived at the school, immediately heading to the gym. You walked through the door, only to come face-to-face with somebody.

"Oh my god."

You felt your life flash before your eyes.

"Y/N-CHAN! IT'S YOU!" Noya yelled out, running at you at full speed. You went stone-faced, moving out of the way with a single step. He crashed into the wall behind you. "You're still as mean as ever"!"

"You know her?" Hinata asked with excitement.

"You actually know her?" Kageyama repeated, an eyebrow raised.

"Of course! After Kiyoko, she's one of the prettiest girls in school!" Noya, getting up with some scratches on his face, grinned at the ginger. "So quiet and secretive... I'm totally gonna go out with you, Y/N-chan! Just wait!"

"Mhm. I'll be dreading that day." You said monotonously. F/N stuck her tongue out at her upperclassman, trotting by your side as you sat down.

"Okay, that was kind of uncalled for y'know!"

Daichi, Suga and Tanaka walked in, Tanaka greeting his friend.

Kiyoko then walked in a bit, Noya trying to tackle her the same way, only for him to get slapped instead. She walked off as if nothing happened, ignoring the small boy.

Poor guy. You thought, a small chuckle bubbling out of your mouth.

"Y/N-CHAN?! DID YOU JUST LAUGH?!"