JULY 2021 UPDATE

Hey guys!

So at this point, it's been almost a year since the death of the Watttpad Writers Forums and I know that many of you are struggling as writers to find a place to communicate with other writers and let yourself be known. For the past year I have spent my time on the Wacky Writers' Forums that a small team of users have built from the ground up. The format is similar to the Wattpad Writers Discourse forum, though there are many changes.

The Code of Conduct is one document that can be accessed by all that lays out the rules in one place. Moderators watch over the forums and, to the best of their ability, make sure all content and conversation follows it. There is a written process that states how moderators penalize users and when. Moderators are regular users, just like you which means... moderators can be flagged! If you feel a moderator did something that goes against the code of conduct or penalized you in an unfair way, give it a flag and the head mods and site admin will fairly make a final decision on the correct course of action.

See any bugs? There's a thread where you can let the site admin know exactly what you're having trouble with and she will respond to you personally and help you work through the problem.

Have any suggestions? The site admin and moderator team listen to all of the communities suggestions and try to implement as many as would be beneficial to the community as possible. So many great things have happened due to user feedback.

Calling all badge hunters! Do you like to obtain badges? On Wacky Writers' you can get badges for anything from posting to donating to the site. There is a small community of Badge Hunters so if this is your thing, there's a group of people who are excited to talk about it with you and show you how to achieve them.

Personal profiles on Wacky are where you can tell everyone about you. Let everyone know your name, pronouns and what you like to do, or literally anything else you can think of. You can post links to all of your socials and even put links to your stories, paid or free, right there for everyone to see!

Now let's talk about each of the categories.

The Important Stuff is the place to go to find the Code of Conduct, announcements, and other important documents about the site. You probably won't be posting anything there, but it's still a good thing to check often for updates.

The Chatters is where you can talk about all sorts of topics with other users. It's a place for laid back and serious conversations. Many users will make themed general conversation threads, create fun polls, or have questions they want answered.

Are you over 18 and looking for a place where you can talk about adult things without worrying about teenagers coming across it? Submission of a private form including your username and birthday will allow you access to the Adult Den. Getting in is an honor based system, but the moderators keep an eye out and bump out any younger users. There is a special Code of Conduct in the category for our adult users as some of the rules are adjusted for the older audience.

Writing Support is a busy hub for all! It's the go to spot for anything writing. You can get support on your writing journey, find beta readers, host and join writing circles, offer editing services and more.

The Artistry Castle is brimming with color! If you are an artist or graphic designer, this is the place for you. Every story needs a cover so many of our authors come here requesting covers and other graphics for their stories. There's even a coding corner for those who want to create beautiful threads, or learn how to.

Wacky Classifieds is where users can finally share links! If you're looking for a new story to read, ask here and writers will come running with suggestions. If you've created a writing, art, etc discord and want others to know, post here! You can also share your social media links and off site events here.

Roleplaying and Games is a lively category where users can roleplay and play games. Popular games include counting games and the Introduce Your Character roleplay. Be sure to read the rules before creating a thread or interacting here as certain things are not allowed.

Some of Wacky's users have paid shops they want to advertise or published books! Wacky supports both our amateurs and professionals by offering a For-Profit Shops and Content category where users can advertise their paid products.

The Personal Threads category is really cool because it's a place where users can have their own personal blogs. Other users can react and like posts, but they can't post to the users thread. A tip from me is if you set a thread to watching you'll get notified every time they post to their personal thread, making it even more like following a blog.

Feedback, Features and Fixes is a place to do all of that. It is the discussion about the site, how it works, and how we can improve it.

Finally, the Necromancer's Lair. This isn't a place for users to visit, it is, instead, where old threads go when they die. The Necromancer's job is to keep the forum clean. When threads close on Wacky, the Necromancer takes the thread and brings it to his lair where it is no longer accessible. Threads that go into the Lair do not come back out.

Overall, I personally think that Wacky is an amazing place. I am a moderator myself and work hard every day to keep this community as much of a positive and helpful place as possible. I can't promise that it is the place for everyone, but I hope to see a lot of you there! We have over 1k users so it's a pretty active forum and there's something big coming soon!

Follow Wacky on Wattpad and apply to get your story featured here:

Follow Wacky on Twitter here:

Follow Wisp, our mascot, on Instagram here:

Check out Wacky by googling forum.wackywriters.com or follow the external link

If you have any questions about Wacky feel free to comment, pm me, or tag me.

Stay tuned for a big update about Wacky, coming soon!!