I.

It was your first day of senior year at New World High School, and you felt a mix of excitement, relief and a bit of sadness thinking that in a few months you and your friends wouldn't see each other as much, or even see each other at all.

Your friends were already waiting for you in front of the school. Nami, Vivi and Robin were your closest friends, especially because you lived near each other, on the best part of the town, therefore your parents threw parties together every year, like charity events. But of course, the money your parents had didn't make the four of you act like some sort of mean girls treating the other differently.

Your other friends were also Usopp, Franky, Zoro, and Luffy and his brothers, who used to hang out with your little group as well.

ꟷ Did you hear about the new boy? ꟷ Robin said. ꟷ His name is Kid, and people said he got expelled from the past few schools he attended.

ꟷ Why did he get expelled? ꟷ Usopp asked, curiously.

ꟷ Some said it was because of fighting, other said because he set the classroom on fire... So I'm not sure. But maybe he isn't that bad. ꟷ she smiled sincerely.

ꟷ Not that bad? If that's the rumors people are spreading about him, I don't want to know the real reason!

ꟷ But she's is right, people just make up the craziest things. Maybe he didn't even get expelled. ꟷ you said, braiding Vivi's long hair. ꟷ I'm sure we will be friends with him by lunch time.

The bell rang, and you, Nami and Usopp had the first class with Mr. Shanks, the geography teacher.

People kept whispering about the new "bad boy", wondering how he looked like, if he rumors were true, some were gossiping about things they heard. And then a red haired guy, tall, very strong and who didn't seem too friendly stopped by the door. You've never seen before. Maybe that was the new guy.

Mr. Shanks told him to come in and pick a seat, which it was next to you, and in front of Usopp, who was sitting in front of Nami.

ꟷ Do you want to introduce yourself? ꟷ your teacher asked, smiling as usual.

ꟷ No, I'm fine. ꟷ he said, starting to draw something on his notebook and not making eye contact.

With that, Shanks introduced himself in case there was any new students, and said what you'd study this year. Nothing too important yet.

You took a glance at your friends, and Usopp seemed nervous. He passed you a note saying "why is he sitting right in front of me? He scares me", which made you giggle.

"You're judging him too much. I'll try to talk to him", you wrote back, right before trying to start a conversation with your new classmate.

ꟷ Hi! ꟷ you said, getting closer to him. ꟷ You're the new student, right? What's your name?

ꟷ Kid. ꟷ that's all he said.

ꟷ I'm (Y/N). So, where are you from?