06 ASAHI, JUST COME BACK!

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

"Y/N-sama, are you sure? Your pride is like... super important to you..." F/N frowned as you dragged her over to the third-year classes. "I'm not saying you have a big ego but-"

"Just trust me on this." You spoke quietly, surprised that F/N even heard what you were saying.

"O-OKAY Y/N-SAMA! I TRUST YOU WITH MY LIFE!"

Her loud voice caught the attention of a passing teacher... who happened to catch her each time she was around here. "Again F/N?! Distract me one more time and you're getting your..." A sharp glare was now directed at her. "15th strike!"

"Soooorry!"

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

"Asahi-san! Wait!"

He turned back to you, seeing you run through the halls while dragging a smaller first-year girl kind of scared him. "Huh? L-L/N-san, good morning... uh... what's with the girl?"

"Good morning to you, too. She is my... ahem... sidekick." You deadpanned, F/N looking at you in shock at your words. "You know that I'm straightforward, huh? I'm not going to stall. I want you to come back to the volleyball club."

"Y-you too? When did you ever get involved... never mind." He let out a heavy sigh, hand scratching the back of his neck. "Uh- look, I'm so sorry to disappoint, but-"

"No, you don't understand. They need you. You say you do not wish to disappoint, but leaving them is doing worse than losing a game, or missing a hit, or whatever you do in volleyball."

"I'm just not interested in volleyball much anymore. It just... sort of scares me now. I don't want to let anybody down, so I'm not going to go."

"But doing that is letting everybody down. I don't know whether you are just too scared or genuinely do not like it anymore, but I know you care about the others, and if you really do value them as your friends, you will come back and face them." Your voice was sterner than he had ever heard, and you sounded more like an upset older sibling than anything else. "I really doubt that you are interested in Career counselling... I mean, who even does that..."

You stared him dead in the eye. The look you had kind of freaked him out. F/N was just hiding behind you, watching you speak to Asahi.

You stopped, hearing your heart pound in your ears. "At least think about it. Please." You looked at him for a little longer, then began to walk the other way. F/N stared up at the taller man, bowing.

"P-please consider it! T-thank you!" She rushed off to your side. "Y/N-sama, you didn't follow the script we practised, but it was such a good speech!"

"I don't care how good it was. As long as he comes back," You looked away, eyes clouded in thought. "But I hope I got the point across."

"Huh? Okay, I bet you next week's lunch he'll come back to volleyball!" F/N said loudly, pumping her fist into the air.

"Hmm, okay. That's a bet I'll take."