Chapter 10 : Scared

As Taehyun stepped out of the school, the sunset enveloped everything in a warm, golden hue. He had spent the entire day searching for Beomgyu throughout the sprawling university campus, but to no avail. Even Yeonjun, with his striking red hair and sharp eyes, had no idea where Beomgyu might be.

Frustration welled up inside him, and he let out a scoff. He had completely forgotten to ask for Beomgyu's number, despite having been roommates for weeks.

"Nice going, Kang Taehyun," he muttered sarcastically, cursing himself quietly as he focused on the path ahead. The sun dipped lower, painting the sky in vibrant colors that looked as if an artist had carefully crafted the scene with premium paints. He glanced at his phone—6 PM. He needed to return to his dorm and finish his homework.

He briefly thought about running to save time but quickly dismissed the idea, opting for a leisurely walk instead. His dorm was close enough; he could make it in thirty minutes on foot or ten by bus. Why waste energy running?

Unfortunately, he bumped into an elderly woman, sending her groceries tumbling to the ground. Taehyun immediately knelt to help her, apologizing profusely.

"I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" he asked, genuine concern lacing his voice.

"Yes, I'm fine, young man," she replied, accepting his assistance as she regained her footing.

"If you don't mind, could you help me carry these to my house?" she asked. Taehyun nodded, even though it meant heading in the opposite direction of his dorm. He cursed under his breath, knowing he'd be late getting back, and he hated being out in the dark.

When he finally returned to his dorm, he was startled to find the door slightly open. "A burglar could just walk in, and Beomgyu wouldn't even notice," he muttered, cautiously pushing the door wider. The room was shrouded in darkness, with only a faint light filtering in from the open balcony. His heart raced as he surveyed the chaos of magazines, cushions, and a dark crimson stain marring the floor and curtains.

His curiosity battled with his fear, yet the eerie atmosphere left him rooted to the spot. Trembling, he called out, "Beom—Beomgyu?" His voice trembled, echoing in the silence. No response came.

He took a cautious step forward, only to recoil as he caught a glimpse of something—or someone—moving past him. His breath hitched in his throat, eyes widening in terror.

"WHO'S THERE?!" he shouted, his voice cracking as panic surged through him. The shadow flickered by again, and his knees felt weak. Despite his fear, he steeled himself to enter the room, the darkness closing in around him.

"He—hello?!" he called out, his voice quavering. Still, there was no answer. But he could sense a presence. Suddenly, a noise came from the kitchen, and he spun toward it, heart racing.

"THIS IS NOT A JOKE, CHOI BEOMGYU!!" he yelled, desperation creeping into his tone. When silence followed, he switched on his phone's flashlight and cautiously made his way to the kitchen.

"Gotcha!" he exclaimed, sweeping the light around. But the kitchen was empty, except for a shattered wine bottle on the floor. He crouched down, running his fingers through the crimson liquid and bringing it to his nose, recoiling at the metallic scent.

"This isn't wine," he whispered, dread washing over him as he noticed the top cabinet was ajar. The liquid wasn't wine; it was blood. Just then, he felt something shift behind him.

His eyes widened. "Fuck—"

.

Beomgyu was in high spirits as he strolled home from the grocery store, whistling cheerfully while swinging a black plastic bag in his hand. His pleasant mood, however, was shattered when someone suddenly yanked him from behind, sending his snacks tumbling to the ground. He groaned in frustration.

"Well, well, if it isn't the infamous Choi Beomgyu," a familiar voice mocked. Beomgyu's anger flared as he quickly got back on his feet, glaring at the bluenette in front of him.

"What are you doing here, Kim Taehyung?" he snapped.

Taehyung laughed, his blue hair shimmering in the dimming light. "I just wanted to see if you've managed to track down my brother yet," he taunted, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

The air crackled with tension as Beomgyu shot a fierce glare at Taehyung, his fists clenched tightly at his sides. Taehyung, with his striking blue hair and a playful smirk, stood a few feet away, radiating smug confidence. His sharp, calculating eyes glimmered with amusement at Beomgyu's visible frustration.

In a sudden burst of anger, Beomgyu lunged forward, aiming a punch at Taehyung's face. But the blue-haired was quicker. With a smooth sidestep, Taehyung dodged the blow, his grin widening as Beomgyu stumbled awkwardly past him.

Before Beomgyu could regain his balance, Taehyung swiftly countered, driving his knee into Beomgyu's stomach. The impact knocked the breath out of Beomgyu, causing him to double over in pain. Seizing the opportunity, Taehyung grabbed Beomgyu by the collar and slammed him against the nearby wall. The jarring collision sent a sharp wave of pain through Beomgyu's back, and he winced, struggling to catch his breath.

"Pathetic," Taehyung sneered, his voice dripping with disdain as he tightened his grip on Beomgyu's collar, pulling him closer. Beomgyu's eyes blazed with fury, but his body was still reeling from the assault.

Summoning all his strength, Beomgyu pushed Taehyung away with every ounce of energy he could muster, finally breaking free from his grasp. He stumbled back, gasping for breath as he tried to steady himself. But Taehyung was relentless. He charged forward, delivering a swift kick to Beomgyu's legs, sending him crashing to the ground.

Beomgyu groaned as he hit the ground, pain radiating through his side. He tried to get back up, but before he could, Taehyung's foot pressed down hard on his back, pinning him in place. The weight felt suffocating, and Beomgyu struggled against it, his fingers clawing at the earth in a desperate attempt to escape.

"What do you want?!" Beomgyu shouted, his voice a mix of anger and desperation, feeling Taehyung's cold, unyielding gaze locked onto him.

Taehyung let out a sinister chuckle, leaning in closer while keeping his foot firmly planted on Beomgyu. "Oh, nothing much," he replied with a casual shrug. "Just thought I'd keep you busy while my brother enjoys a feast at your dorm."

Panic flooded Beomgyu's eyes as the weight of Taehyung's words sank in. His heart raced, and a wave of dread washed over him. He twisted beneath Taehyung's foot, desperation fueling his struggle, but Taehyung's hold was unbreakable.

"Shit. Taehyun!"