Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer in Dubai final

The top two players in the world will contest the final of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships on Saturday after contrasting semi-final victories.

The world No2, Roger Federer, thrashed the Croatia teenager Borna Coric 6-2, 6-1 in 57 minutes before Novak Djokovic needed more than twice as long to beat Tomas Berdych in three sets, prevailing 6-0, 5-7, 6-4.

“Maybe I was a bit tentative in the beginning but I was still able to get off to somewhat of a good start, not being broken early, then breaking him right away,” said Federer, who will attempt to win his 84th tour-level title against the Australian Open champion, Djokovic.

“I felt like after five games I knew more or less what to expect and I realised what had worked until that point and what had not. I can see why he has caused difficulties for some of the top guys and he still has a lot of room for improvement in his game.

“He does a really good job for a big guy. It’s unbelievable how, in the past 10 years, we have seen so many big guys moving well from the baseline. I think he returns very well, especially off second serves, and that’s such a huge part of today’s game I believe.”

Coric, who had beaten the world No3, Andy Murray, in the quarter-finals, said: “He was just way too good for me. I was feeling so rushed. I didn’t have any time to play my game plan.”
Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer in Dubai final
http://immaceleb.com/novak-djokovic-and-roger-federer-in-dubai-final/