chapter 1 ~ introduction

The Mafia has been in my family for decades now maybe even centuries for all i know and i was brought up in the middle of it all although my childhood was more than i could ever ask for so i can't complain. I'm Skyla salvatore i am 17 years old and i am an only child and my fathers precious princess, his pride and joy, as he likes to call me from time to time. You're probably wondering who exactly my father is, well my father is the leader of the black lions mafia as my grandpa retired a while back his name is Lorenzo Salvatore and is known to be ruthless evil and scary but i never see that side of him so i cant tell if the rumours are true or false, not that i care he's my dad and i love him regardless. There's not much to say about my mom to be honest although i can mention she was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer last year and is at the top of the donor list but with our rare blood type it's very difficult to find a match, we still hold out hope tho. My father had been training me for a few years now as i will be the next leader of the black lions so i need to be prepared of whatever is next to jump in my way, my father isn't too happy as i'm his princess but he'll get over it.