Chapter 1 Ball is Death

The sun rose on a beautiful day shining on the dew-covered grass which deflected an awesome ray of light into Hinata's bedroom, illuminating it in a yellowish glow. Then the alarm clock sounded Hinata sat upright eyes still closed and crusted over from the night, he wiped them with some difficulty.

He had not been sleeping lately, how could he when the big match was coming up, Karasuno Vs Seijou, also he had gotten up several times that very night to use the restroom. This team was widely considered to be the toughest there was, and Hinata would be lying if he said that thinking about this match didn't give him a stomach ache that shook him to his very core.

"Bathroom, bathroom I gots to peeeee," He sang weakly for what must've been the thirtieth time that morning. He looked out the window on the way to the bathroom and gazed out at the beautiful morning putting him at ease for only a moment or two before heading straight to the bathroom.

In a different part of the training camp building, Suguru Daishō was walking outside his face upturned in a creepy, almost forced smile. He looked around to make sure no one was snooping and pulled two bushes apart to reveal a large cobra-like snake. "Hello, Century," Daishō said stroking the Snakes hood. "May I tell you my grievances?"

Century nodded its head and turned its attention to Daishō. "Hinata and the Karasuno High team is going to play the greatest team in Japan, I am so angry our team didn't make the finals and the small fry that is Hinata, of all people will be front and center. That glory should belong to the Nohebi academy."

Daishō noticed himself breathing heavily and took a minute to compose himself before speaking. "I just needed a few minutes to rant but if I didn't have a certain respect for the so-called "Great giant" then I would wish on them something would prevent them from playing this Saturday," Daishō said while walking away.

When Daishō had gone Century turned a large smile and floated into the sky "May the Eldritch gods curse the Karasuno High School Volley Ball Team that Suguru Daishō may play in their place with whichever team he may choose." The serpent cursed the team that the next time that at least six of them meet that a terrible yet unlikely anomaly would happen.

Hinata left his room and began walking down the hall to meet up with everyone for the last practice. He reached near the end of the hallway and found Kei Tsukishima, Daichi Sawamura, Asahi Azumane, Tadashi Yamaguchi, and Tobio Kageyama all talking together about their best strategy.

"Their team is nearly always doing an offensive play." Kageyama began "Their stuff block is honestly intense." Tsukishima chimed in "I'm starting to think we should just forfeit, the prospect of this match is starting to affect Hinatas health." Yamaguchi added. Hinata cleared his throat and everyone turned their attention to him.

"No one quits, especially you Asahi," Hinata said with relative firmness. Tsukishima backed up with his hands in the air "I didn't say anything about quitting." "The only ones that stay on the court are the best Tadashi, I've said that many times don't you ever forget it." Yamaguchi looked offended "Legitimately caring for your teammates well being doesn't make me any worse than you at volleyball Kageyama."

Hinata stepped forward "Remember everyone when we feel like we want to quit that's the best time to take a step forward." Everyone nodded at this. Hinata looked as though he was going to speak again but instead he passed out. Everyone was shocked "I told you guys he wasn't feeling right, call the nurse." Yamaguchi said before fainting as well.