Prologue

"But why, Bates? Why must we remove her when she could not possibly harm this Kingdom anymore? She cant even come into this world!" a hoarse voice cried, liting a candle in the dark underground river, illuminating the algae-covered walls all around him.

"I said no lights in here, Sachihiro," the boatman waved his hand and the light went limp, "And to answer your question, Sachihiro - I am sorry but I have to comment: your name is a true contrast to this Kingdom' name - It is a need for the removal. We have to wipe her out before it is too late. And she can cause harm to this kingdom... in fact the whole of this world, Sachihiro. There is still the gates to this world, remember?"

"But, but... she could not possibly open the gates! Besides, the gates are at the City of gold and the other places and they are so far away from us!" another voice cried, this time a high and squeaky voice, coming from a tall and lean man with a grey goatie.

"You are right, guardian of all mice. But you forget that the girl, the one with the dragon marking on her back - though she does not know it - , could help her to open the gates?" Bates verbalised.

"Yes, but they have to work together, don't they? And I have heard that they dont work too well, although they are really good friends... -dragons and fairies never do- so they might not even come to this world... And even if she did, we don't really have to be so severe as to kill her, do we? We could just imprison her and not hurt her, right? After all, I would hate to think that the last descendant have to be killed just... just like that..."

"I understand, Macaulay. But we could not afford to have one more case like the Glass Woman anymore, she almost destroyed the whole kingdom when we let her in, despite imprisoning her after realising that she is not the one... Well... maybe we could spare her if she proves herself to be worthy... But we have to be very, very sure. And I believe you have to deliver the message to Sir Hawkett now, Sachihiro? Go now, in case you are late." Bates said, ending the conversation.

The guardian of the sparrow sighed. He had dreaded this moment and hope it didn't come. It looks like the kingdoms would finally have to remove the last descendant of the fairy king that lived a long time ago. But what have to be done must be done, he thought. And with great reluctance, the man with hair as black as coal turned back into a brown speckled sparrow and flew away from the Kingdom of Eternal Sadness to deliver the message to the king of all flying creatures - the giant eagle, Hawkett.

A/N: Hey so what do you guys think? Give some comments to help me improve pls! Thankyou!