UNTREATED WOUNDS

Imagine you get a big cut on your arm and it bleeds. But you believe that blood will clot so you leave the cut unbandaged and untreated. So everytime you hug someone you bleed on them, staining their clothes, the floor, furniture.

Because you are the one bleeding, you are the  victim. So no one can make you feel awful about being cut. You leave your wound untreated, bleeding into those you love, into your environment until people who care about you start loving you from a distance because they are tired of being stained as a result of your refusal to bandage or stitch your cut.

You then pray the cut away, or decide to be grateful for the parts of your skin that remain uncut, not bleeding. In fact religious  people tell you to pray the cut away and they guarantee that God will heal it. Meanwhile as you pray God is side-eyeing you because He does not get why you are ignoring bandages and stitches that will heal your cut.

While you continue to bleed everywhere people start avoiding you and your embrace because getting blood out of clothes is hard and when your loved ones are with you, you taint them with your blood.

The isolation begins and you start to feel like people are avoiding you because they hate people with cuts, you start saying that days are dark and friends are few. What you do not account for is how traumatic it is for them to watch you bleed  untreated.

Not medicating depression is irresponsible.

Pop a pill honestly.

#NoteToSelf