Love and Leaving-Chapter One

It was a bitter cold December night up in the mountains of Wales, as Isabella and Jonathan packed there bags. They would be spending their last 2 weeks before the wedding traveling around the world. Isabella was only twenty-three while Jonathan was now twenty-seven. Though they meet twelve years ago she knew she was moving into this fast but she didn’t care. She was in love and now would be happy. She smiled at this thought as she packed her last pink blouse and zipped her suit case. Jonathan came and hugged her from behind and whispered in her ear, “Are you ready?” She replied with a slight nod as she turned in his arms to kiss him. His luscious soft pink lips were so common to her. He smiled for he knew he’d have this forever. Two weeks and she’d be his. It’s what he’d dreamed of since he was fifteen and she’d strolled skittishly into ‘his school’. He lied of course saying he was welcoming committee and to his surprise she bought it. She was quiet, always had been but she smiled as he showed her around. After the ‘tour’ she said a quick thanks and goodbye and ducked into her first class. Jonathan snapped out of his fantasy to Isabella nudging his arm. She mutters only two words that makes him smile, “which shirt?” He pointed to the one on his left and says, “This one I remember I got this for our first date.” She packs it whistling to herself a song he knew all to well. He joined into the tune of ‘here comes the bride’. Isabella loved the thought of getting married. Big white dresses, flowers, friends, and love. Jonathan zipped the last bag and said, “Come on Bella we have to go our flight leaves in two hours and those lines at the airport are outrageous.” As each of them grabbed a bag Jonathan’s twin brother Jason walked in. Jason was identical to Jonathan in looks but just like Isabella in thought and attitude. He loved his brother very much but the thought of him and ‘Bells’, as he called her, had driven him mentally insane. Though neither John nor Bella knew about these thoughts or the things he did in his spare time they did know he had changed since he stood there watching John get on one knee and pull out a tiny diamond ring that sparkled in the dim moon light on the peer of the local beach. He smiled saying, “Bells John are you ready my bags are in the cab and the drivers mad with a capital ‘M’!” John laughed and responded, “Yes just coming down now but he can wait a minute” he took his brother in a bear hug “how have you been Jason. Haven’t seen you since the funeral.” Jason looked at him and said, “Um just been a little busy. Works been crazy for me. You know how much trouble I would’ve been if I didn’t have my work done and a bottle of white wine!” They both laughed as Bella left the room with a piece of luggage. “I know and I thank you. It just wouldn’t be the same without you bro. Now come on she has the right idea. Grab a bag and hall butt down to the airport for our amazingly romantic trip to the best places money can buy for my girl and my little brother.” With this they each grabbed a piece of the luggage almost racing down stairs like little kids running to Disney Land. They packed the car up, locked the door to the house, off they went.