One Shot

Author's Note: I was listening to Teddy Swims' cover of Tennessee Whiskey and it hit me that this song is totally a Darvey song from Harvey's perspective and this could be their wedding dance as well. I did this thread (https://twitter.com/littlepaulsen/status/1415416827061096450) on twitter and a day later someone posted a video (https://twitter.com/sapphicameiia/status/1415750726341603331?s=21) with them dancing to the song and it couldn't be more perfect.

The song was stuck in my head for quite awhile since that day and the ideas came and I just followed the inspiration. I have to say that I added an idea that was on Suits' Prompt.

Please, let me know if you liked it or not. Reviews were always welcomed :D

Tennessee Whiskey

As they promised, after the official wedding the couple managed to host a wedding party for their family and friends. Didn't take so long once they needed to settle in Seattle very quickly. But you, Donna being Donna, she could have planned and organized her wedding in a few days, like she planned Rachel and Mike's wedding in two days, two years ago.

The wedding wouldn't be that big, just a tiny one with those who matter and that weren't in the one they actually married. So in the guest list was Jimmy and Clara, Lucinda - Donna's sister-, Jessica and Jeff, Louis, Linda and Lucy, Robert and Laura, Michael and Rachel, Samantha and Katrina, Gretchen, Benjamin, Marcus and the children and some old colleagues from the DA's office. Those they really knew would be happy for them finally professing their love and being together for the rest of their lives.

Used to spend my nights out in a barroom

Liquor was the only love I've known

But you rescued me from reachin' for the bottom

And brought me back from being too far gone

Michael wouldn't dare to tease all the cry Rachel was letting fall during most of the whole ceremony. He knew her tears were not only for testifying their love. Since she found out that Donna and Harvey got married without her being Donna's bridesmaid, she got so upset for not following Michael on her trip to New York city.

Her tears were a mix of relief for being there this time and bliss to see them finally being together for life. And their vows, all the meaning, Rachel were so happy for them, for her best friend. She deserved this kind of happiness.

Mike got the chance to see them changing vows for the second time. And it was the exact same words with the exact same feeling and emotion. Not that they were not just repeating the words with no meaning, they really meant every single word.

And then, they finally went to the dance floor, when Harvey and Donna passed in front of him he could hear Harvey saying "right now I wanna dance with my wife" like the first time they got married and the pride and happiness in Harvey's tone were very pleasant to hear.

The music started, Mike and Rachel exchanged looks, it seemed like the lyrics were made for Harvey to profess his love for Donna. Like he said in the vows "you changed my life forever" the music begins with a guy who only knows scotch as some love but then is rescued by someone who loved him.

And this wouldn't be more Harvey's point of view than anything else. Mike remembered the times he was about to leave the firm and he saw Harvey in his office, sitting on the couch, all alone, drinking some scotch. The difference in the man's face between that situation and when he was with Donna made it quite obvious that the lawyer was in love with his secretary. To be honest, for many months Mike thought that Harvey and Donna were in love with each other and even dating but not telling anyone about it, and later he found out that this rumour was something regular in the firm. Every associate thought the same.