10k

basically 10k being sad and yeah

10k looked down at his lover, who had been bitten and fallen off a building, and he tried shaking her awake.

she was cornered atop a roof, backed to the edge by a few z's. there was nowhere else for her to go. as much as she tried to fight, she would fall either way. when she tried pushing a zombie away, another one came out of nowhere and bit her before she could react. she ended up falling off the roof of the building and taking the zombie down with her.

it seemed like she was falling forever as she heard a voice call out to her. she tried to put a name on it, tried to figure out who had called her name, but before she could think, her back had hit the ground with a loud crack. all the air seemed to leave her body as her eyes widened. the zombie that was previously above her seemed to disappear.

"y/n!"

hurried footsteps, then a hand behind her neck, raising her into someone's lap.

her vision was blurred, but she tried to make out the figure above her. black hair, a familiar voice, green eyes.

"tommy...?"

"it's me! i-it's me, y/n, i'm here."

breathing was hard. speaking was even harder. y/n smiled weakly as she closed her eyes. the fact that she was in the arms of her boyfriend made her feel comforted despite the mass amounts of pain.

10k moved her hair to look at the medium-sized bite mark on her neck, and he cursed at his shaking hands and panicked breathing. if only he had gotten there a bit sooner-

"tommy... it's okay." a bloody hand reached up to hold 10k's cheek, and he grasped onto it, not caring about the blood.

he knew he would have to mercy her. they were nowhere near camp, and it's not like he just had antidotes on hand. he just never thought he would have to do it this early.

tears pooled in his eyes as he shook his head. he had to stay somewhat calm for y/n. he was going to comfort her in her last moments.

"y-you're right.. you're right. it's okay, you're gonna be okay-"

"tommy, shoot me.."

his eyes widened at the statement. the tears that were in his eyes suddenly fell onto the person's face, and he frantically wiped his eyes.

"i... i can't, y/n."

y/n used her clean thumb to wipe away 10k's tears.

"you can.. and you have to."

he took a deep breath—well, tried to. he nodded, covering his eyes.
"i know.. i just-"

"i love you, tommy.. don't miss me too much... kay?"

y/n lowered her hand, resting it on her stomach as 10k shakily stood up, pulling his gun out. with shaking arms, he pointed it towards her head.

"i love you too... and i'm sorry."

he winced as he pulled the trigger.