The Choice

Author's Note: Ciao! :) This is my first story here in wattpad. Short story lang po yung ginawa ko kasi ilalagay to sa school paper namin. Sana magustuhan niyo.

God bless everyone! :)))

Lovelots from, em-em ^_____^v

Are you ready?” My bestfriend asked me.

Honestly I really don’t know if I’m ready. I can hear the loud beat of my heart. I’m not sure if I’m ready to confess my feelings for him. I’m afraid…

My bestfriend looked at me with a teasing smile on her face, “I know you can do it. Think positive Gail!” she said. Yeah I think I can do it but not today, maybe tomorrow or the other day. Urgh! I hate myself! Why do I always lose my self-confidence when it comes to him?

I’m Gail. A fourth year high school student, 16 years old. I have a crush since first year high school and his name is Raymart. His not my classmate but his my friend. He always been solicitous to me and I think that’s why I fell for him. And speaking of Raymart, there’s him. Chatting and smiling with his chums. His smile is really attractive; no doubt why many girls like him and the fact that he never had a girlfriend! I really don’t know why does he never had a girlfriend before or courting someone. I wanted to know but I don’t have the courage to ask him, he might misunderstand it.

“Hey Gail, are you listening?”

“Huh? Yeah”

“So what now? Are you just gonna look at him forever? Oh c’mon Gail, talk to him. He’s your friend. Tell him about your feelings for him!”

“Well that’s the point! He’s my friend, I don’t want to lose our friendship just because of this stupid heart of mine.”

“What if he likes you too?”

“Funny. That’s impossible!”

“Gail, you’re beautiful inside and out. I know some guys who are head over heels inlove with you. What’s not to like? I’m not saying this just because I’m your bestfriend, I’m telling you this because I want you to have self-confidence. I want you to trust yourself.”

“Isn’t it ironic? We love those who ignore us, and ignore those who loves us. But anyway, it’s not easy.”

“You always say that! You know what; if you prolong it, you will be more afraid of it. It’s your choice if you let your fears drown you or you fight for it.”

My bestfriend is right, it’s my choice. But what is really my choice? I like him since we became friends. But I didn’t expect that I would want him in my life. Then the next thing I knew, I love him.

But when, when will I gather all my strength and courage to confess to him? Why does he is so numb? His my friend for 4 years! Why can’t he feel my feelings for him? Why can’t he love me like the way I love him? Why is everything so hard when it comes to him?

“Alright. I’ve made my decision. I should tell him the truth. I know it’s not gonna be easy but I think I’m ready to take the risks.” I said to her seriously.

“Really?” she asked happily. I nod. “Well that’s right! You should go now and make him fall for you.”

“What are you talking about? I’m just gonna tell him that he’s my crush, I’m not gonna make him fall for me. Got it?”