when she smiles thats when i love her.

The echoes of childrens laughter filled the circus, along with the sound of cipher machines working away. Luca laughed nervously as he decoded, hoping the hunter wouldnt find him. He bent down to make a connection between two ciphers, looking up to see a familiar face. "Oh, Maddie. Hello there" he smiled warmly, standing up to great her. "Is it okay to decode with me? Of course it is, the more people the faster we can get this done." He nodded while going back to typing on the cipher machine. As the two decoded Luca found himself noticing small things about Maddie. The way her eyebrows arch and when her eyes crinkled as she smiled, and many more tiny details. "You really are beautiful..." he mumbled out loud, his cheeks warming once he realised what he said. "That was random, my apologies. I hope that didn't make you uncomfortable" he apologised with a nervous look. Thankfully, Maddie didn't seem to be weirded out or anything. In fact, she seemed to be quite flustered. He felt his heart beat more rapidly as he watched the way her cheeks turned a dark shade of pink, and the way she avoided direct eye-contact sheepishly. "I like this expression on you, it suits you." Luca grinned, his small fang showing. The sound of the cipher finishing interupted the moment, causing Luca to sigh a little. Only two ciphers were left, he didnt want the game to end so fast, he wanted to stay with Maddie for longer. "Hey, want to go on the merry go round? We still have plenty of time, Naib is doing a great job at distracting the hunter." He held out his hand to Maddie, pulling her along gently to the merry go round. He lifted her up onto one of the horses, holding her hand as he followed Maddie around the carousel. Luca watched lovingly as she laughed and smiled, his chest feeling warm. "I hope we can make it out of here together, love. I want you to be there as I create my inventions, I want you to be with me all the time." He continued to speak, looking up at the sky as he did so. After a few seconds of silence he helped Maddie off the carousel and held both of her hands. "I want to start a new life with you... so please, will you escape this place with me?" Luca asked while moving onto his knees, looking up at Maddie with hopeful eyes. His face lit up as he heard her answer, standing up immediately and hugging her tightly. "Thank you Maddie, my love, my sweetheart... my future wife" he whispered quietly, before jumping at the sound of the exit gate siren. He smiled at Maddie and took her hand, running to an exit. He was going to make sure they esccape this nightmare together.

The End