Red Pen

"Where is it, where is it, where is it!" he rummaged through his desk, looked in his room, living room, kitchen, he didn't know why it would be there, but he looked anyway. He sat down on his chair in front of his deck and started looking threw the drorse for the sixth time that day; his wife came in, a little worried that her husband was so stressed, "Hans what's wrong?" he threw his hands up "I can't find it Anna! I looked every where." "Can't find what?" "My pen." Anna giggled "Hans you have lots of pens!" "But can't find THIS pen." "What pen is that?" "My red pen of corse!" he said like it was the most obvious thing in the world, "Oh Hans, it's just a pen." he looked up at her like she just killed his best friend, "Just a pen? Anna that's my red pen I've had sense I was a boy!" she looked confused "Wouldn't it dry out?" he shook his head "No, it still works. I'm going to do paper work late tonight and I need a good pen." Anna sighed and she felt like she was going to cry, "Hans you work on paper work late every night! You don't sleep! I think it's a good thing it's missing for now." she crossed her arms, Hans got up and put his hands on her arms, "Anna, it's my job." she looked up at him "I know, and I support you in everything, I understand, but you haven't slept in a week! I'm just worried about your health." he smiled gently and kissed her four-head, "Ok, let's eat dinner and I'll forget about that pen." her eyes lit up "Oh! Thank you! Come on, I made your favorite!" he laughed as she pulled him down stairs to the dinning room. After dinner they sat on the couch, Anna snuggled up to Hans and he had his arm around her, she looked up at him "I love you, Hans." he looked at her and smiled "I love you too, Anna." he leaned in and kissed her putting a hand on her back, he moved his hand down but stopped at the waist line when he felt something hard, he opened his eyes and pulled back leaving his hand in the same spot, Anna opened her eyes and blushed "Anna? What's this?" she looked at him innocently "What's what?" he raised an eyebrow and lifted her shirt pulling it out and holding it in front of them, "My pen?" she looked down "I'm sorry Hans." "Anna you can't do that. I need to work, this is a good pen." but when she looked up his face softened "Oh Anna, it's ok." he kissed her four-head and she gave a little smile "I just wanted you to stop working for one day, it's not healthy to work all day and night." Hans nodded and set the pen down on the table, "I understand, no work today, it's not that important right now anyway." her eyes lit up "Oh Hans!" she hugged him, rapping her arms around his neck and he returned the hug laughing as he rapped his arms around her waist, "Thank you." she whispered and he nodded "Your welcome, now let's go to bed, it's late and I have to go to work tomorrow." he smiled pulling back, she nodded smiling, "Ok." They finally had good nights rest, Anna didn't have to worry about Hans and Hans didn't have to worry about Anna worrying and not getting any sleep herself. In the morning both were refreshed, Anna made breakfast and Hans got ready for work and ate with her, he picked up his trusty red pen and put in his suitcase, she giggled "Bye Hans." he chuckled and kissed his wife "Bye Anna, I'll see you when I get home." and with that he drove off, work will stay at work unless it's necessary to do it at home.