I was so close...

'I was so close...'

'I was so close to graduating from this hellish school and escaping the devils that kept tormenting me...'

'But they took it away from me in the end...'

"Wow, Piggy, you're wearing a dress for prom! I can't believe you even have one! Where did you get this? The thrift store?"

"Well, it's pink, maybe she wants to be a real pig, ahahaha!"

"AHAHAHA!"

"AHAHAHA!"

The endless mocking laughter that had taunted me for three years of high school already made me numb to everything. Not that I cared much about it after the three years of hell they put me through.

It didn't matter anyway because I would be leaving this hellish school forever. Free from the torments of these people.

"Sorry, but I need to leave..." I said weakly and tried to walk away, heading to the school hall where the prom would start soon.

Jessica Lambert, one of the bullies, grabbed my arm and clenched it until her sharp nail pierced my skin. I grimaced in pain, but I dared not make any noise because it would only make them feel satisfied.

"Are you pretending to be deaf, or is this one of a kind disability when you feel threatened?" Jessica asked.

"J—Jessica, I beg you. Please let me go. It hurts..." I begged her. I really didn't want any trouble with her and the rest of these girls. They were just a bunch of bullies who rose up in 'rank' after the previous bullies had graduated. They always popped out in the senior or sophomore year, because they thought they had control over everything.

But the worst thing was, they had control over me.

I didn't understand why either, but it was like a whirlpool that pulled me deeper and deeper into a spiral until I reached the lowest level of the high school food chain.

I was so low that nobody wanted to be my friend by the end of my school years because they thought I wasn't good enough, or were simply afraid of getting bullied.

Jessica clenched my arm harder and snarled at me, "Didn't I tell you not to come? I told you many times that you would be an eyesore on our prom night!"

I mean, I didn't want to attend the party where I would be ignored by everyone and treated like a wallflower, but attending was an obligation imposed by the school.

"I—It's obligatory to attend, or I will be punished..."

"So you're afraid of the punishment? That's why you are attending?"

...

I dared not answer, since I knew it would only ignite them even more.

I looked around and counted the number of bullies ganging up on me. I thought I could just push Jessica and run. But after realizing that I was surrounded by almost ten people, I found I had no way out.

Cindy, one of Jessica's lackeys, grabbed my other arm and pushed her nail in. I winced in pain. Now that I had gotten stuck between two girls holding me and eight others surrounding me, I had no choice but to submit to my fate.

"We don't need you here. You'll just be an eyesore our prom photo!"

"Yeah! Besides, why are you wearing a dress and make-up? Are you trying to get Mason's attention?"

"Just because he helped you once doesn't mean that you have a chance with him! You are just a pig! Know your place!"

"Know your place, piggy!"