The Mysterious House

"Aw man, this year's halloween sucks. We barely got any candy!" said Duckie, visibly upset at the little amount of treats in his bag.

     "Maybe it's because your costume looks cheap and basic! What kind of ghost looks like that? You didn't even try!" exclaimed Tammy. Duckie looked down at his costume, a checkered bedsheet with holes cut into it to fit his bill and eyes. She wasn't wrong.

     "At least I have a costume!" replied Duckie. He was right, Tammy's "costume" being only a fake machete headband made to appear like it was impaling her skull.

     "You know I don't like dressing up for halloween." Tammy said roughly.

     Ducky, in an attempt to calm her down, said, "All right, all right, let's stop fighting. There's still plenty of time to get candy, we just gotta find a good house."

      "Yeah, the night's not over yet!" Tammy yelled out. As the night continued, they ran from house to house trick-or-treating. People from each building dropped candy in their bags and wished them a happy halloween. Once they received all of the candy from each house on the street, they stopped outside near the bus stop. "Wow! That was fun! We got a lot of candy!" Tammy called out.

     "Yeah, that was so cool, Tammy. Although, I think it's getting a bit *too* late. We should go home."

     "Oh come on Duckie, there's still so many houses we haven't visited yet!" Tammy said, pointing to the next street. "Don't tell me you're scared about trick-or-treating!"

     "I-I'm not. I really don't feel scared, okay? Let's just- visit a few more houses, and then go home."

     "Alright." Tammy reluctantly agreed. She thought for a minute, then decided what to do. "Oh! What about that one?" Pointing in the direction of an off-putting house down the road.

     "You wanna go there?" asked Duckie, his voice mouse-like and raspy. "Fine, but we're going home after that."

     The kids trotted down the road towards the house and approached the door. Tammy reached out her hand and knocked on it. A moment later, a black sheep wearing a red spiked collar and a purple cap answered the door, inviting them inside. The children stepped through the door, being greeted by the sheep's friends, TVA, The Pumpkin Rabbit, and Billy. Duckie grabbed some candy from the bowl the sheep was holding, and mentioned the fact that they should start to head home. It was dark outside, after all.

     The sheep frowned, and suggested the children spend the night.

     "We really should be leaving, our parents must be worried." Said Tammy, a bit scared.

     "Oh, well you can call them if you'd like." The sheep said, motioning to the phone on the wall. Each kid called to ask their parents if they could stay the night, and surprisingly, their parents both said yes.

      The rest of their stay at the house, Duckie and Tammy watched horror movies in the living room and eventually drifted off to sleep at the end of the night. And everything was fine.