stormy days come and go

The alarm had waken her up. This would be the first time she didn't wake up 5 minutes before.

The rain pattered and the asphault. The rain  got heavier and heavier.

She slid her legs out form under her conferter. It had been really cold that morning. A chill ran up her spin. She taped the SNOOZE button on their alarm clock knowing her fiancé was going want to sleep in for about ten minutes more, even though the SNOOZE button only lasted  five.

She gabbed her robe and rapped it around her skinny little body. She looked around in her closet for something decent to wear.

'BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!'  She had totally forgetn that she had turn the alarm on full blast.

"John?"

"I am up, I am up."

"Don't forget we have our babies altra sound today?"

" I would never miss it for the world."

He gave a slight kiss. Fitting the moment perfectly somehow somewhere he had already gotten dressed with a smile on his face. Ready for anything.

She gave him a weak smile. One that should she was trying but also greatful for his help. Also one that had showed she was in pain.

"Don't forget to take some aspirin, understand?"

"If it means that much to you, than I guess there is no harm."

"Maybe the storm will pass and we could maybe go for a walk be for the appointment?"

"I don't think we will have time, sorry, we ask know we have to get to the appointment almost a hour early."

.........................................................

She had fallen back asleep. Forgetting to set the alarm for the appointment.

The ringing signs of her cell phone startled her.

"Hello? Her voice sounded grogry
" where are you! I told you to be here a hour early! "

"What? What time is it?"

"5:06 our appointment was at 3:00!! We kind of can't have our appointment if we don't have the person who is pregnant!! What have you been doing? Sleeping with another man?? I promised I would be here were are you?"

Her heavy breath began getting heavier " I...... Fell.......asleep.........."  The man paused. He only heard heavy breathing...