Chapter 26 : Lullaby

After exchanging their goodbyes, Yeonjun stepped out of the shared room belonging to Taehyun and Beomgyu. As the door clicked shut behind him, Taehyun chuckled softly, reminiscing about the secrets and stories Yeonjun had shared, especially the funny anecdotes from Beomgyu's childhood.

Once he locked the main door, Taehyun headed to his room and quickly changed into fresh clothes. After tossing his laundry into the washing machine, he emerged from the bathroom—only to let out a terrified scream at the sight of a figure near the sofa.

"AAAAAAAAHHHH! A GHOST!"

Taehyun flailed his arms, swinging wildly with his eyes tightly shut. Beomgyu, already dressed in his pajamas, tilted his head in confusion. Realizing they were alone, he pointed to himself and scrunched his nose before approaching Taehyun.

"It's me, sunshine."

Taehyun froze mid-swing and peeked at Beomgyu, who was now pouting. Embarrassed, Taehyun rubbed the back of his neck and quickly retreated to his room, slamming the door behind him. He leaned against it, exhaling a breath he hadn't realized he was holding.

Sinking to the floor, he giggled, throwing a few playful punches in the air as the image of Beomgyu pouting replayed in his mind.

"TAEHYUN, YOU IDIOT," he whispered to himself, still battling the air. Meanwhile, Beomgyu blinked in confusion, staring at Taehyun's bedroom door, unaware of the chaos inside. He approached the door and knocked gently.

"Taehyun-ah," Beomgyu called softly. His affectionate tone revealed just how much he cared for Taehyun. Inside, Taehyun immediately halted his antics, pressing his ear against the door.

"Taehyunie?" Beomgyu called again. Taehyun clamped a hand over his mouth, stifling the urge to squeal. Taking a deep breath, he composed himself before opening the door with a serious expression.

"Yeah?"

He barely had a moment to react before Beomgyu leaned in, tumbling into his arms. Beomgyu rested his chin on Taehyun's shoulder, and concern washed over Taehyun.

"Hyung? Is your wound hurting? Do you nee—"

Before he could finish, Beomgyu silenced him with a soft, warm kiss. Taehyun was taken aback but quickly melted into the moment, wrapping his arms around Beomgyu's neck as the older boy cupped his cheeks, tilting his head to deepen the kiss.

The younger one sprang into action, wrapping his legs around Beomgyu's waist as Beomgyu supported him by his thighs. They continued to kiss while making their way to the bed. Beomgyu broke the kiss just long enough to gently push Taehyun onto the soft mattress, hovering above him, his gaze flickering between Taehyun's lips and eyes.

Taehyun paused for a brief moment before cupping Beomgyu's face and pulling him down for another kiss. Their lips moved in perfect sync, the kiss deepening as Beomgyu's cool hand slipped beneath Taehyun's shirt, drawing a gasp from the younger. Seizing the moment, Beomgyu smirked and slipped his tongue into Taehyun's mouth.

The sound of their kisses blended with the gentle patter of rain outside, creating a cozy atmosphere in the room. Eventually, they pulled back, both breathless. Beomgyu looked down at Taehyun, who was flushed, his hair tousled, and lips slightly parted. The sight heightened Beomgyu's desire. Taehyun reached up, tenderly caressing Beomgyu's cheek.

"Hyung..." he whispered softly, prompting a hum from Beomgyu. "Promise me you won't do that again."

Beomgyu took a moment to consider the request before flopping down beside Taehyun, staring at the ceiling.

"I can't promise that, sunshine. I vowed to protect you, and if something like that happens again, I won't hesitate to sacrifice myself for you."

Taehyun turned to him, concern etched on his face. "Hyung, I don't want to lose you."

Beomgyu smiled, brushing a strand of silver hair from Taehyun's face. "Losing me is better than losing you," he murmured, pulling the younger boy into his embrace.

"But—"

"Shh... Let's just stay like this for a while, sunshine."

The room settled into a comfortable silence. Taehyun nestled closer, listening to Beomgyu's faint heartbeat, feeling it sync with his own. Beomgyu chuckled softly.

"You love being the little spoon, don't you?"

"Shut up," Taehyun muttered, causing Beomgyu to laugh. Happiness radiated from him as he savored the peaceful moment with the love of his life.

"Sunshine?" Beomgyu asked after a while.

"Hm?"

"Can you sing me a lullaby?"

Taehyun raised an eyebrow. "What song?"

"Any song," Beomgyu replied, resting his head in Taehyun's lap. Taehyun smiled fondly, stroking Beomgyu's hair before softly beginning to sing.

On my pillow

Can't get me tired

Sharing my fragile truth

That I still hope the door is open

Beomgyu's eyes began to flutter closed as Taehyun's soothing voice filled the room.

'Cause the window opened one time with you and me

Now my forever's falling down

Wondering if you'd want me now? 

How could I know?

One day I'd wake up feeling more

But I had already reached the shore

Guess we were ships in the night

Night, night

Taehyun reflected on their journey together, from strangers to lovers, and how safe he felt with Beomgyu. Smiling down at the older boy curled up in his lap, he whispered softly, "Beomgyu hyung, saranghaeyo."

ㅡ remember that one t time where Taehyun said this?