Chapter 28 : Hueningkai

Taehyun lifted his head slightly, his eyes widening as they locked onto the figure in front of him. Hueningkai stood there, fists clenched and glaring at Beomgyu with intense fury, completely ignoring the silver-haired boy cradled in Beomgyu's arms. His breathing was erratic, his chest rising and falling as anger surged within him.

“Kai—”

“You’re a vampire?” Hueningkai's voice cut through the tension, catching Beomgyu off guard.

The raven-haired boy nodded slowly, his head lowered, tightening his grip on Taehyun as if afraid of losing him.

“All this time? And you didn’t tell me?”

Hueningkai's voice quivered with disbelief. Beomgyu stayed silent, nodding once more, unable to meet his gaze. Taehyun stirred, slipping out of Beomgyu's embrace to stand on shaky legs, his hand gripping Beomgyu's uniform for balance.

"Huening—" Taehyun began, but was cut off.

"And you knew about this, Tae?"

Hueningkai's piercing gaze fixed on Taehyun, who bit his lip and looked away, unable to withstand the blond's intense scrutiny.

"You know who I am, don’t you, hyung?"

Despite his anger, Hueningkai's tone carried a forced respect, still addressing his older friend with the honorific.

"Jung Nabil’s son, the vampire hunter."

Hueningkai let out a bitter laugh.

"So, you did your research on me. Just as I suspected."

He had never imagined Beomgyu could be a vampire, though he had questioned Yeonjun after witnessing the red-haired boy's unnatural strength during their battle against the corrupted vampire, Chaeyeon. But Beomgyu? His mind raced, connecting the dots.

His gaze shifted to Taehyun's neck.

"What did you do to my friend?" Hueningkai growled, his fists tightening in anger.

“I was the one who offered him my blood! Please, don’t hurt him," Taehyun shouted, stepping protectively in front of Beomgyu.

Despite his frail condition, a fierce determination shone in his eyes as he spread his arms wide, shielding Beomgyu from Hueningkai’s wrath.

“What are you doing?” Beomgyu whispered urgently, shaking Taehyun’s shoulders, but the silver-haired boy only scoffed.

“Step back, Tae,” Hueningkai warned, pulling out a small but sharp pair of scissors from his pocket.

Beomgyu’s breath caught in his throat, and he instinctively tried to position himself in front of Taehyun, but the younger boy pushed him back, shoving him into the space they had just vacated. Before Beomgyu could react, Taehyun locked the door from the outside.

“Taehyun! Kang Taehyun! Open this door!”

Beomgyu shouted, his voice quaking with desperation as he pounded on the door.

Outside, Taehyun collapsed to his knees, struggling to catch his breath. His body was still reeling from the earlier events when Hueningkai dropped the scissors and rushed to his side, wrapping his arms around him.

“What’s happening? What are you doing?” Hueningkai’s voice was laced with panic; he had never seen Taehyun so vulnerable before.

Sweat poured down Taehyun’s face as he clutched his chest, gasping for air and coughing violently.

"What’s wrong with you?" Hueningkai asked, his voice trembling with concern.

Fear gripped him for his friend. Taehyun’s shaking hands clung to Hueningkai’s uniform as if it were a lifeline. He could barely speak, his lips quivering and his body weakened from the blood loss inflicted by Beomgyu. Hueningkai’s gaze fell on the bite mark on Taehyun’s neck, reigniting his anger.

“Taehyun!” Beomgyu’s muffled voice resonated from behind the door.

“I’ll kill him,” Hueningkai growled, attempting to rise, but Taehyun’s grip on his shirt tightened, pulling him back down.

Confusion spread across Hueningkai’s face as he looked at his friend.

"Please… don’t… do anything… to…" Taehyun whispered weakly, his body giving in as he collapsed onto the floor.

Even as he lost consciousness, his hand remained clenched around Hueningkai’s uniform. Though his sentence trailed off, Hueningkai understood who Taehyun was trying to protect.

“Pathetic,” he muttered, shaking his head in disbelief. His scissor was pu on the floor.

He lifted Taehyun, draping the boy’s arm over his shoulder to help him stand. With a resigned sigh, he unlocked the door and confronted Beomgyu with a cold glare.

"Take him to the infirmary," Hueningkai ordered.

Beomgyu blinked in confusion; just moments ago, Hueningkai had seemed ready to attack him, and now he was asking for his help? What had changed? Without further questioning, Beomgyu gently cradled Taehyun.

Hueningkai picked up his scissors from the floor in silence and walked away without looking back. “Thank you,” Beomgyu said quietly as he carried Taehyun through the hallways toward the infirmary, ignoring the curious glances and murmurs from the students they passed.

Upon their arrival, Beomgyu carefully laid Taehyun on one of the beds and looked for the nurse, but the room was empty. With a resigned sigh, he found some ointment and a bandage in a nearby cabinet. Kneeling beside the bed, he gently applied the ointment to the bite mark on Taehyun’s neck and covered it with a small bandage featuring a cartoon character.

Beomgyu chuckled softly as he noticed Taehyun instinctively snuggling closer to him, wrapping his arm around Beomgyu’s. His heart swelled with warmth as he watched the younger boy sleep peacefully, his features soft and delicate.

“My one and only sunshine,” Beomgyu whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to Taehyun’s head and smiling as he inhaled the comforting scent of him.

ㅡ do you guys like power bottom or a soft one?