Good Night

"Sayaw tayo?" he asked. It was the very first time that he asked me to dance with him.

"Wow! Anong nakain mo para yayain akong sumayaw? First time 'to ah!" I jokingly replied. We were currently lying on his bed.

"Wala lang. I just thought about asking you to dance for the first time and maybe it will be the last. Who knows, right?" I gave him a small smile as I replied to what he said.

"Can you stand? Baka mapagod ka lang?" I asked trying to hide the sadness that is covering my entire being.

"Ayos lang. Para sa'yo kakayanin ko. Shall we?" He looked into my eyes trying to assure me that he'll be fine.

"Okay," I said before I stood up to help him to stand. He looks very fragile and weak. Hinawakan ko ang kamay niya at maingat ko siyang itinayo.

"I have seen at your play list that you have downloaded the instrumental music of First Time. Play it," he said. We are fond of watching Korean Dramas at simula noong mapanood namin ang Winter Sonata ay naging paborito na namin ang First Time. Ang totoo niyan ay nahawa lang siya sa akin. I usually ask him to join me whenever I'll be watching and he has no other choice but to oblige. I played the music and it didn't help to ease the sadness inside me, instead, lalo akong nalungkot.

"Sakto 'yang tugtog. First time kitang isasayaw," he mumbled with a smile. He's really handsome. Kahit na medyo pumayat na ang mukha at katawan niya, hindi 'yon nakabawas sa kagwapuhan niya.

"Oo nga. I can still remember what you have said when we were kids that you hate to dance. So, anong nangyari ngayon? Bakit mo ako niyayang sumayaw?" I grinned at him. Actually, we are just swaying with the music pero para sa akin, this was the best dance that I ever had in my entire life.

"I just thought that it's not really a bad thing to do what you hate just for the one you love, right?" he muttered before he hugged me so tight while we are still swaying. I rested my chin on his right shoulder and hugged him back.

"Marami pa akong hindi nagagawa para sa'yo and I am really sorry for those things that I should have done to make you happy but I ended up not doing all of those." I can feel that he is really sorry and I smiled.

"Okay lang 'yon, hindi naman ako nagrereklamo. Besides, being with you is more than enough." We continue to sway. Pakiramdam ko, ang bagal ng oras and how I wish that the time will stop for the two of us.

"Andrea," he called my name. It's funny how it sounds so beautiful when it's him who calls me by my name.

"Hmm?" I murmured.

"I love you." I was stunned in my place when he said those three words. Aaminin ko, it's the first time that he said those words to me. Yes, we are in a relationship but he is not the typical kind of boyfriend who says those three magical words. He usually shows his affection through his actions and efforts.

"Can you repeat what you have just said?" I asked. Pakiramdam ko ay iiyak na ako any minute. This is so good to be true. He stopped from swaying and he faced me. He cupped my face and rested his forehead unto mine. Looking intently into my eyes, he said, "I love you, Andrea."