chapter ten.

CHAPTER TEN:BIRDIE & KAIYA

CHAPTER TEN:
BIRDIE & KAIYA.

⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅

"NO WONDER YOU and Dean get along so well."  

Birdie slowly looked up from the burger she was currently eating at a Biggerson's located in Columbia, Missouri. Her cheeks partially puffed out as she stopped chewing, brown eyes falling on Kaiya who was sat across from her, giving the younger woman a rather judgmental look as she held a fork she'd been using to eat her salad with. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Birdie asked around her bite of food.

Kaiya softly chuckled, shaking her head. "To put it nicely——you remind me of Dean when you eat."

Birdie blinked, looking from her burger and then back to Kaiya as she pondered over Kaiya's words; well, maybe sometimes she ate like Dean, but it wasn't that often. Then she twisted her lips, swallowing her food as she set the burger back on her plate and folding her arms over her chest. "I think that's worse than being called Sam and Dean's whore by a demon."

"You're shitting me, Birdie," Kaiya laughed in disbelief, raising her brows as she gaped at her friend. "That——I'd think being called a whore would be worse."

"Well, I've seen how Dean eats," Birdie huffed, picking up a fry from her plate while sharply narrowing her eyes. "I think a vampire is more graceful."

"Can't argue there," Kaiya murmured in agreement, a small smile still evident on her lips as she took a small bite of her salad. "You know, I still don't see how it took you two so long to become friends. You guys practically grew up around each other. How could you have fought so much?"

Birdie let out a quiet sigh, wiping some ketchup from the corner of her mouth with a napkin. "It. . .I don't know, Kai. We could just never see eye to eye, I guess. And I think part of it was because he liked to mess with me just to piss me off for fun. . .so I'd do it back. It was kinda like that with me and Sam for a long time too——not the pissing each other off for fun——but. . .it just took longer with Dean."

"What changed?"

"Just us, I guess," Birdie answered, taking a sip of her lemonade with a nonchalant shrug, picking a few french fries to stuff into her mouth. "Well, I mean, Dean still acted like a dick at times, but after Sam and I became "friends", we all just started to get along more. Next thing I knew, we were having contests to see who could drink the most without slurring our words or seeing who could hide from Bobby the longest——or if we feeling brave enough, we'd hide from our parents when they came to pick us."

"Well, I'd hide too if I saw John Winchester or Serena Fowler coming towards me," Kaiya said, eyes quickly flicking towards Birdie after the words left her mouth. "No offense, of course."