Prologue

"Why are you even going to a university in America? Don't you love your family? You don't even want to meet your family in the weekends?"

Gauri looked at her mother, who was back to doing one thing she loved the most....guilt-tripping her. 

"Because I got accepted by Harvard, not by IIT and Harvard is better than IIT for my future."

That was all she could say...little did her mother know was that she needed an escape from this place that they called 'home'.

But their home never felt like home to her. 

...

Gauri was at New York airport for stopover. The journey from Mumbai to New York was extremely long, but on the bright side she only needed to take one more plane then she would be in Boston. 

As she sat on her seat waiting for the flight announcement, she saw opposite her a man hugging his little girl and actually smiling whilst saying to her: I love you princess. 

"I love you princess"...she can't even remember if her own dad ever told her those words or the last time he told her those words. 

...

"I'm sorry.."

She said, trying to get a grip of herself and trying to control her hand from trembling as she looked down away from the man's black eyes. 

"Hey...it's fine. I keep telling you that you don't to say sorry."

That was his reply and he said it in such a gentle tone...Gauri was confused whether she should say sorry once again or just smile or break down. The man could sense that she was thinking about something, something that definitely was killing her deep inside. 

Daddy issues....they are horrible, they suck and honestly I just personally feel that if you aren't gonna give a kid love, then don't have a kid in the first place...simple as. 

This prologue was hard to write, mainly because I wanted to stop myself from crying whilst writing this. This is sort of personal to me but I hope you guys will like this and if it's relatable, then I am so sorry...just know that you are amazing and deserve all the love in the world.