「 𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎. 」

- ☆ -

"YOU BASTARD, I'M GONNA MAKE YOU PAY, UZUMAKI NARUTO!" I heard Delta scream from the other room.
"Hey Delta! Would you stop wrecking the cover to get out?!" Amado shouted back. I poked my head out of the room to see what was happening.
"Shaddup!" I saw her stomp her foot and walk down the corridor, "You!" She narrowed her eyes at me.
"Hello."
"Tell me his weakness. Tell me how I can defeat him."
"The Hokage?"
"Yes, of course, him!"
"Aim for the ones closest to him first, like his daughter. She's just a kid and doesn't know how to fight back."
"I did do that. He just came and recused her. Kawaki came between the Hokage and my beam and he got injured."
"I see. You should've killed her immediately. Wasting time to lure him was stupid. If Hima and Kawaki were there that could possibly mean Boruto was too. You were also probably close to the village so he couldn't use his full powers. Why couldn't you defeat him, Delta? if he just used some of his power? You're just weak." Her face twisted in disgust as she glared at me.
"Oof, being called weak by a kid, must hurt, right?" Code entered the room and leaned on my shoulder. She got her leg up and tried to kick me. Code grabbed it right before it could hit my face and threw her across the room with her leg, "Don't touch her."
"I'm going to kill the Hokage and you," She 'tch'd at me.
"We'll see about that," I replied.
"I don't think you can kill him, Delta. You're clearly no match for him. Thus, it's inevitably going to be up to me, Boro or Y/n."
"Mind your own business."
"That's enough, Delta." Jigen entered the room, "What a mess. I thought I told you to follow Kashin Koji's lead when it comes to the mission. Where is he right now?"
"Lying low inside Konoha. He's probably still watching Kawaki." Watching Kawaki my ass.
"Are you sure?" I asked. Jigen glanced at me till Boro started to talk.
"Wasn't the mission to retrieve Kawaki before the likes of Konoha snatched him up? What the heck's Koji doing?"
"He said he's gathering intel." She replied.
"Intel...huh?" Finally catching up, I see.

- ☆ -

I was sitting on the pier, dipping my legs in the water like I usually do. I took a deep breath, inhaling the damp air. The fireflies flew around, lighting up the surroundings as well as the flowers. I could hear the water hit the rocks a distance away, from a small waterfall. I looked down at the piece of silver wrapped around my finger. I started to fiddle with it as I enjoyed this calm place. I always loved coming here, so peaceful...until I felt his presence walking towards me.

"Hey." He said and sat next to me.
"What do you want, Code? I already spend every second of the day with you." He laughed.
"Why do you always come here?"
"It's a nice place to relax." I shrugged, "Anway, what are you doing here?"
"Jigen wanted to talk to us about something." Thanks for spoiling my me-time.
"Fine." I got up to leave.
"Where are you going?" He turned back to me.
"To...Jigen?"
"Oh, you don't have it yet." I stared at him to further explain what the hell he was talking about, "Here, hold my hand."
"...okay." I put my hand on him as I felt this weird sensation that I could not describe. We suddenly appeared in a room with blue-ish grey moving? Walls. We stood on a floating platform in the middle of what I think is a different dimension.
"You're here." I turned around to see Jigen sitting on a grey throne while crossing his left leg on his right and his face resting on his left arm.
"Don't leave my hand." He whispered to me, "Otherwise you'll disappear." I just nodded my head.
"You called us?" I asked him.
"Yes, I did." He stared at our hands and raised an eyebrow, "Am I missing something?" Before I could respond, Code beat me to it.
"She doesn't have it. Anyway, she is like a little sister to me." I looked at him slightly surprised. He just smirked.
"I see. After we're done, give her one. She is an official member after all..." I was so confused but just went along with it, "Anyway, the main reason you came here." He was silent for a moment before continuing, "I plan to retrieve him." Jigen started.
"I see. What does it have to do with us?"
"I want you to observe the fight...if things go south." He looked at me, "And you, Code, I want you to stay with her, in case they try to take her back."
"Fine." I glanced at Code, "If that's it, I'll go." Jigen nodded. I left Code's hand as I disappeared once again.