1

A/N: Just a fair warning here - this part references some sensitive topics, and may be triggering to some people.  You understand this risk if you decide to proceed by acknowledging this warning.

Denki took in a deep breath, holding it in for a while before slowly letting it out, collapsing back against the ground, arms splayed backwards.  He didn't care how filthy the concrete was, there were too many other things to worry about anyway.  He felt like the scum of the earth.  That is... most of the time, thanks to anxiety, people, and maybe depression.  Denki wasn't too sure about that part, at least.

Every day was a repeating hell.  What was the point of getting up every day, wasting eight hours in a building learning absolutely nothing relevant, surrounded by talkative and two-faced people who have nothing better to do than gossip and cause drama?  It made no sense.  Denki often wondered if dropping out would do him some good.  Thinking about it though, it wasn't a good idea.

He let out another frustrated sigh realizing this fact once again, accomplishing nothing.  That was his specialty, described by many of his classmates.  Absolutely useless and meaningless.  Sitting up, he hugged his legs, resting his head on his kneecaps, and faced the ground, actively preventing any tears from escaping his eyes.

That was all he could do, they said.

Nothing.

It was a cold and slightly windy evening, just past sunset.  There was still some twilight in the sky. Denki was situated on the stairs on an overpass next to a busy highway.  Cars endlessly whizzed by below, disappearing into the city in the distance.  He often came here when things became too stressful.  Glancing over to his left at the road, the thoughts came back again.

"Should I...?" he thought, probably for the thousandth time.

No.

It was a stupid idea.

His specialty, once again.

Denki shook his head vigorously and let out another exasperated sigh.  He glanced up to the horizon, all remaining twilight now gone, replaced with the dark blue night sky.  It was only a few minutes after 6.  He should have been home by now, but it didn't matter as his parents were out of town anyway.

If he was gone, he thought...  But he couldn't bring himself to do it.  No one should have to suffer his loss, but wait, there wasn't anyone that cared.

"Kaminari?"

...Except his best friend.

Although it was a crude move, Denki didn't respond and remained silent and still.  That didn't last for long, as he felt someone's presence physically move and walk up the stairs, then sat down next to him.  Shortly after, he felt an arm wrap around his back, pulling him against the other person.

In that moment, Denki wanted to cry.

"I've been calling and texting you for the past two hours and you haven't responded.  What's going on, bro?" his friend said, gently rubbing Denki's right arm.

Denki found it increasingly harder to hold back any tears.  He felt as if his heart was forced up into his throat, and it was extremely difficult to swallow.  Failing as per usual, he let out a choked sob.

"Ei, I just...  I-I just can't anymore..."

Seeing Denki sad always made Eijirou angry, and he knew exactly who usually made him upset.

"Who hurt you this time, was it that bitch Bakugou?"

Denki immediately became defensive out of fear and perked up, looking at his red-haired friend with widened eyes.  Katsuki intimidated and terrorized him beyond belief, Eijirou often getting into arguments with him about his behavior.  They didn't really work.