Prologue

Dark

I hear the towns people muttering about the princess of Hyrule getting married. What poor deranged fool would marry her? I shake my head its not any of my business anyways I left that life along time ago. But then again... My curiosity gets the better of me and I decide to ask my best friend Irene shes an apprentice witch.

"Hey love!" She screams as she runs towards me jumping on me wrapping her legs around my waist. I catch her with a smile. Irene was my first friend here.

"Hi Irene." I said setting the blue haired witch on her feet.

"You heard about the rumor Darkness." I roll my eyes at her idea of a nickname.

"What rumor?" I said my looking at her curiously.

"Princess Zelda and the Hero of time are getting married! We have to go to the wedding, they are having their engagement party too!" My heart sank, Link plans to marry her. Its only natural I shouldn't blame him, throughout the years I heard him beg and beg me through our connection to come back to him. I always stayed quiet he deserved better than me.

"I don't think theyd welcome party crashers."

She frowned her hands on her hips "since when do you care about getting in trouble Dark." In truth I don't think I can see him again it would hurt too much.

"Your right, when is it?" I said hoping I can find an excuse not to go.

"Tonight." She smirked making me wince. She dragged me to her house as she got dressed.

"They say it's a masquerade party!" I sighed softly, at least he wont be able to see my face. Once she was dressed she walked over to me using her magic on me.

"What have you done!" I screeched as I stared at myself in the mirror.

"It will make things easier I promise!" Irene said smirking as she put on my mask. I glared at her the whole way to hyrule castle. When we get there I watch Zelda announce the beginning of the masquerade. I sigh rolling my eyes before going grab a drink.

"You here all by yourself?" I sigh knowing the question is directed at me. "I...uh no my friend is in there somewhere." I say pointing to a bunch of people on the dance floor. At least I think that's where she ran off to. I look up to be met with beautiful cerulean eyes, oh no...