1.

Mancini looked up from the piece of paper, "Sorry guys, but the concierge told me there was a mix up and there is only a room left with only one bed. It's just for a night, I hope it's okay."

"No problem for me," Matteo said, eyes glued to Manuel who nodded, feeling his cheeks turning slightly red.

They remained silent as they headed for the room. Manuel's brain couldn't stop thinking too much about what was going to happen, but then the rational side of him tried to bring him back to reality. They shared the room before and nothing had ever happened.

But this time things are different. He felt a strange tension that broke only when Matteo turned towards him: "You have the key, right?"

Manuel showed it to him, then opened the door and they entered.

He tried to turn on the light, but as soon as his fingers were on the switch, Matteo stopped him by putting his hand on Manuel's. He turned abruptly and found himself back against the wall, Matteo just inches from him. Although the room was illuminated by street lights, Manuel saw Matteo getting closer and closer. He could feel his breath on his neck. Manuel closed his eyes and wet his lips. His heart was beating so hard that he was afraid that Matteo would hear it.

"Carpe diem Manu," Matteo whispered in Manuel's ear, giving him goosebumps, "Tomorrow we will sleep on two uncomfortable single beds, instead tonight…"

Matteo couldn't finish because, for once, Manuel seized the moment.