First encounter

[Eren Jaegers Point Of View.] 

January, 2015, Monday morning. Depressing month, depressing day. The rounded alarm clock was making its usual screeching noise, and i was making my usual grunting noise. I'd normally motivate myself to get up and out, but after the Christmas season i have little of that left. Instead i would lye there and think how my high school friends are leading better lives than me. 

Especially Armin, his dreams were always high and we never thought he would, or could, reach them. Yet he did. Now hes studying at a university for the highest achievers, and has already released a book that got pretty popular. Now and then he calls up to check on me and Mikasa, he always has something new to tell us but we never did for him. 

"Eren, i don't suppose you were planning on staying off again." Mikasa was stood in the doorway of the quite claustrophobic room with her usual 'i don't give a single fuck' face. 

"Is that an option?"  I grinned.

"Just get up, i don't have time for this."

I sighed and swung one leg over the side of the single bed, and then the next. Hoping my muscles wouldn't cave in i stood up and walked a few steps over to my dresser and pulled open the cupboard doors. There is never any actual deciding to do when it comes to choosing what to wear, it's normally just a pair of black skinny jeans and a white shirt with some pumps. No effort is needed.

It was now 9:16 A.M, Mikasa running around making sure she had everything. The girl likes to think of herself as organized, but she is far from it.. Just when i thought she was ready, she disappeared and returned with her normal red scarf wrapped around her neck. 

"Okay, Im ready."  She sighed, checked her bags once more, tightened the scarf and hurriedly walked out of the apartment, 

"Took a while." 

|-----------|

We still had at least 30 minuets to get to University, and 40 minuets till our first class. However, the one known as Mikasa was still panicking every time i stopped to look in the window of  a shop. 

"Eren, speed up a little!" speaking through her teeth and giving me a cold stare, she tightened her scarf once again and continued walking. 

"Maybe you should slow down. We have at least half an hour till we have to be there." I said as i put my face against the glass window of a shop called 'Winsons'

"Exactly! If you keep stopping at every shop we walk past, we have no chance of arriving on time." 

I ignored her and focused my attention on a certain item in the shop. A thin silver chain, probably as thin as a thread, with two wings that are almost touching was placed in the display area. 

"Cool...." My breath fogged up the glass, so i pulled back and looked at Mikasa who was stood there folding her arms. 

"You weren't even listening were you? For god sake's Eren, why do i even try?" Rolling her eyes, she turned around and began to walk again. "I swear, one day im just going to give up on you."