Our Sweet 16: The Party Everyone Will Remember (Short Story!)

Our Sweet 16!

The Party Everyone

Will Remember

(Short Story)

BY:

Quirah Kelly

---------------------------------------------------------

You're invited to Savannah and Sammantha's sweet 16!

576 Shadey Lane, Belfield, North Dakota

November 17

8:30 PM- 1:30AM

Feel free to bring presents and hot boys!

After reading over the invitation once more with my twin sister Savannah I hit the print button. We're turning 16 in 2 weeks and my sister being the party animal she is wants everyone to come to the party. It's really not hard to get word out in our small town Belfield, no doubt all the teenagers are going to come.

"We're going to be a legend after this party," Savannah says flopping down on my bed her long tan legs hanging off the end.

"We better be," I say standing up from the computer and getting the copies of the invitation out of the printer. It came out in a girly font in blue, purple, and green, the colors for our party.

"Dad said he's going to pay for the DJ," she sits up and I look at a mirror image of myself: tan skin, green eyes, brown hair, high cheekbones.

"I guess he's feeling guilty," I say shoving the papers to her with a pair of swirly pointed scissors. Our dad cheated on our mom around a year ago which lead to their divorce and sent our lives spiraling out of control. We had to deal with hearing our parents argue every night, causing us to loose sleep, and fail test. Everyone in Belfield knew immediately the same week, since news here, spreads like flame to a paper. Some nights Savannah and I would go into each others room and sleep in the same bed crying ourselves to sleep. Things started to get better, mom has a new beau, dad's trying to make everything up to us with money.

"He should be," Savannah says starting to cut the invitations while I get the rest of the copies and start doing the same. Savannah was always a daddy's girl so the divorce was harder on her than me.

"Do you think he feels guilty enough to sign for us to get tattoos?" I joke with her.

She smirks "Maybe we should ask," I smile at her shaking my head.

After we finish cutting the invitations and each get 50 apiece to pass out she goes to her room to take a shower and get ready for bed. I jog down the steps to talk to mom, and on my way the doorbell rings. I beat my mom to the door and open it to see her boyfriend, Michael and a familiar-looking cute boy standing next to him. "I thought you didn't have children," I say leaving the door open so he knows to come in as I head to the kitchen. I keep my eyes off the boy, since it would be weird to date my mom's boyfriend's son.

"I don't," he says following me into the kitchen, giving my mom a kiss on the cheek when he sees her "This is my intern Connor," he says, Michael runs a couple of businesses in town and outside of it.

I turn glancing at Connor again, he has ocean blue eyes, cropped messy blonde hair, pretty lean but has muscles. He smiles when he catches me checking him out and I quickly turn away, opening the fridge so I can have something to do instead of stare at Connor. "Juice anyone?" I ask as I get the apple juice out.

"I'll have some," Connor says in a husky voice.

I get out two cups since my mom and Michael shake their head as they start talking about going out the night of our party. I pass Connor his cup, our fingers brush, and I look up into his eyes "Thanks," he says taking the cup out of my hand.