THE VOID IN TIME

Follow me in my other social media accounts:

- Facebook Account: Marple Dame

- Facebook Group: MARPLE DAME Stories

- Facebook Page: Yours Truly by Lady On The Next Cubicle

- Dreame: Marple Dame

See ya!

🌸—🌸—🌸—🌸—🌸—🌸

NOKORU IMONOYAMA

🌸—🌸—🌸—🌸—🌸—🌸

Mayumi always felt she was born in the wrong country.

Bata pa lang ay nahuhumaling na si Mayumi sa mga bagay, pagkain, palabas o libro na may kinalaman sa Japan. She never had many friends because she likes spending her time watching anime o reading mangas written in raw Japanese language. When she was nine years old, she blackmailed her mother that she'll leave home if she can't wear a kimono to school.

"That's a new one, hmm?"

Adjusting her thick lensed glasses, Yumi turned to her mother looking at the vintage scroll painting of a cherry blossom pinned on the wall of her room.

"Yup." Bumalik siya sa pagbabasa. "Bought it for 50 pesos in a thrift shop."

Studying BS Tourism in a university, one would question her choice of career course. Hindi siya kagandahan. Hindi siya katangakaran. Hindi rin... katalinuhan.

She's average - no more, no less.

But things went odd in her 'dull and ordinary life' when she stumbled upon a dusty, old Japanese scroll from the school library's archive. Curious about the writings inside, she took it home.

Alone in her room, she untied the red string and carefully spread the fragile piece of paper.

Dahil natutunan na niya ang lenggwaheng Hapon ay madali lang niya naintindihan iyon.

It was the story of the last emperor of Japan.

'Last Emperor? Japan still has an emperor.' She wondered. Then her fingers traced the painted characters while reading it."It went missing and no soul knows its location." 

Natigilan siya.

A cherry blossom painting painted by the last known Emperor of the Meiji Era went missing.

Binalingan niya ang painting na nakasabit sa dingding ng kwarto niya.

Tumayo siya bitbit ang libro upang lapitan ang naturang artwork."One distinctive mark of the painting is that one of the cherry blossom petals is real."

'No way. This can't be the missing painting.' Her fingers trembled as it touches the surface, feeling each of the painted petal of the cherry blossom tree. 'Bakit mapupunta sa Pilipinas ang isang historical artifact ng Japan?'

She froze when her finger felt something a top the pink tree. Before she could confirm it, her whole body felt heavy and her vision went blurry and eventually, black.

.

.

"Announcing the arrival of the Chief General of The Royal Commandery Division!"

Ang malakas na sigaw na iyon ang nakapabalikwas nang bangon ni Mayumi. Una niyang napansin ang futon na hinigaan niya na nakalatag sa isang tatami mata at ang suot niyang puting yukata. 'T-Teka... a-ano 'to?' Nilibot niya ang paningin sa kwarto niya na gawa sa mamahaling kahoy. 'Nasaan ako?!' Dali-dali siyang tumayo at tinakbo ang pintuan.

Sliding the traditional Shoji doors aside, she immediately ran outside only to bump on someone with a firm chest.

Napaupo siya sapo ang noo. Tiningala niya ang lalake na may suot na kulay pulang Kozane armor na may guhit na kulay gintong dragon.

Since the sun was shining above him, she can't make out his face. "Gomenasai" Gulat na sinapo niya ang bibig. Why is she speaking fluently in Japanese?!

One strong arm pulled her up in one tug but he didn't let her go just yet. Instead, Mayumi felt him sniffing or... kissing the side of her head before whispering. "How bold of you to welcome me in this clothing..." His baritone voice fanned the side of her face, stirring something deep within her that made her moan.

Moan?!

Naramdaman niyang ngumiti ito bago siya binitawan.

Nanatili siya sa kinatatayuan nang lagpasan siya nito. Heavy footsteps are walking away from her then she heard him stop. "You should watch where you're going next time... mother."

"Kogo-sama!!" Namumulang lumapit sa kaniya ang isang babaeng court attendant.

Kogo-sama? Lady Consort?

Mangiyak-ngiyak itong pinasadahan siya ng tingin. "Why did you went outside your room wearing this?!"

She pointed at the direction of the man. "H-He called me mother? W-Why did he call me mother?"

Nagsalubong ang kilay nito na parang bang nakakatawa ang sinabi niya. "Mother? You mean why Nokoru-sama called you mother?"

She nodded.

"Well of course, you are the Emperor's fifth wife!"

"Fifth what?!"

The attendant waved her hand to dismiss her astonishement. "Enough of that! Let me dress you up properly."

"Dress me? Why—"

Pagyuko niya'y laking gulat ni Mayumi na kitang-kita pala sa manipis niyang damit ang kaniyang mayayamang dibdib.

🌸—🌸—🌸—🌸—🌸—🌸