01 || 𝖥𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖬𝖺𝗉𝗅𝖾 𝖫𝖾𝖺𝖿

"Hey, Kazuha? The rest of the crew is preparing for our commission in Inazuma, how about ya?"

Kazuha Kaedehara who was busy scrutinizing the vast ocean, turned his captain's way. A sigh escaped his lips.

"I am not so sure myself... its like the wind is constantly trying to pull me back to that place."

"Don't worry, kiddo!" Beidou ruffled his ash white hair. "You've got us, The Crux Fleet. We will always be there when you need it."

A tiny smile formed on the samurai's face, he still clearly remembered the time he fled from Inazuma and when Beidou took him in. "Thank you, Beidou... I am truly grateful, I owe you my life."

"It was nothing." The brunette chuckled. "If anyone needs help then I'm on it."

After small talk, the eye-patched captain went back to assist the other members who were preparing for their trip. Kazuha's gaze returned to the relentless sea, the breeze hit his face. But his soft smile became an agonized frown, he began to ruminate Inazuma. Kazuha took out a lifeless vision from his pocket and grasped it firmly.

"Tomo..."

The tears he kept bottled up inside emerged from his red eyes, unable to hide themselves no longer. He always tries to appear calm and collected to hide how twisted his mind was. Despite having Beidou taking him in and encouraging him to see Inazuma again, the past always slaps him in the face.

"How do I always find myself back at that place...?"

It was like a breeze named fate kept reeling him back to his homeland. It was like it kept calling his name. But why? There was nothing left in Inazuma but grief and regrets.

──────── ⊹⊱ ✿ ⊰⊹ ────────

The windborne wanderer lifted his head up, sensing a menacing thunderstorm ahead as the Crux Fleet ship proceeded towards Inazuma's borders.

  "Hang on, crew!"  The sky darkened and the waves began to tremble but the confident smirk remained on Beidou's face. Since she spends the majority of her life at sea, sailing is like her sixth sense. She's been through Inazuma an uncountable amount of times. Kazuha Kaedehara helped the other members seek shelter as Beidou skillfully steered various angles to avoid fracturing the ship. The waves roared underneath, waiting to consume anyone who falls in.

  "Stay down, everyone." Kazuha reminded the members as they were holding each other close in the ship's cabin. Naturally, the windbrone wanderer ought to protect his second family. He noticed a little boy, shivering in fear. But who would blame him? Any human would become petrified from a catastrophe engendered by the Electro Archon herself.

  "It'll be okay, Little Yue." Kazuha gave him an assuring smile. Gently embracing him and patting his head, just like Beidou does to make the samurai feel better. "The raging storm cannot hurt you, I'll be protecting you."  Yue slightly lightened up. He clang onto Kazuha, feeling a safe and warm sensation.

  Ultimately, The Crux Queen and her fleet came out triumphant, surviving Raiden Shogun's calamity once again! Beidou sure does make the challenge appear easy-peasy... almost effortless. The sky was now crystal clear and the blue waves became placid. The Crux emerged from the cabin and commenced a small celebration, smiles could be seen all over their faces!

  "Another victory for us!" Beidou cheers. But those words pass through Kazuha's head, who was setting his gaze towards that place in the distance.

Inazuma awaited them.

──────── ⊹⊱ ✿ ⊰⊹ ────────

The ship arrived at Inazuma. Well, Ritou's port to be exact. A blonde girl with bandages all over her body waved wildly towards the ship, loads of wooden boxes were at her feet.

"Beidou, hey hey!" She capered up and down. It was Yoimiya again, a usual customer of Beidou's. The last time Kazuha had unloaded her fireworks, they were far too hefty for him... The captain sauntered down the gangway.

"Did ya need something from me?" Beidou crossed her arms which lead along with grin. "Let me guess... more fireworks?"

  "Yes, of course!" Yoimiya nodded energetically, then crouched down to squeeze a box. "Don't miss me too much, fireworks!"

   Beidou chuckled then turned towards the crew, the captain threw out her hand in a gesture that signaled them to come and assist Yoimiya.

  "Go bring these to the ship."

  "Yes ma'am!" And away, they went!

  But... It wasn't that simple. The boxes were way too heavy for one person... Just what kind of strength did Yoimiya possess? It was truly a struggle but the fleet proceeded to heave the merchandises on board anyway.

  "Hmmm..." Beidou studied the luggage. "This appears to be less than usual."

  Realization soon hit the firework girl, she let out a loud gasp. "Ah! You're right, I forgot the rest... I'll go get them!"

  Beidou took a quick glance at her ship, noticing that the peeking Kazuha had been observing the two the entire time.

  "Take him with you."

  "Who?"

  "Him." Beidou's finger pointed directly at Kaedehara. Yet his eyes flicked to his left then his right, not believing he had been chosen.

"Ooooh?" Yoimiya raised her eyebrow in interest. "I believe I have seen him around before. I think he was on—"

"Shhh!" Beidou silenced the talkative Inazuman. "Be sneaky when you bring him into your workshop. He mustn't be seen."

"Sneaky? Hmmm..." Yoimiya pondered then leaned towards the captain, whispering in her ear. Beidou inclined her head and laughed as a result, Kazuha gulped. A smug smile formed on Yoimiya's face as she turned to the anemo traveler, she snatched him by his maple red clothing. Kazuha was flustered by the sudden touch. Beidou took a quick trip from the ship and back, carrying an empty box.

  "Get in!" The blonde girl ordered, pointing at the uninhabited crate that was set down.

"H-Huh?" Kazuha was brimming with confusion. So then, Beidou carried him and placed him into the vacant box. "Beidou, what are you doing-?"

  "How else will you sneak in there with all the guards at the port?" Beidou looked down at him.

  She was right, but it was unbearably tight. Still, Kazuha managed to fit his small body inside.

  "...But what if we get caught?"

"It's called sneaking for a reason!" Yoimiya asserted in a jubilant tone. "We'll be just like ninjas!"

  Well, they're definitely going to get caught if she doesn't shut up...

  Kazuha wanted to decline tagging along with Yoimiya. But he remembered all Beidou has done for him, maybe it was his turn to help? Before he could make a resolution, he found himself getting lugged by Yoimiya deeper into Inazuma, while his captain became farther and farther from sight.

  All the kidnapped Kazuha could do was sigh. Why did he have to depart on this mission out of anyone else in the fleet? As Beidou knows... Kazuha is a fugitive with a bounty on his head but surely she had good intentions, right?

Where will the wind lead him next?