🏐🏐🏐

She was exhausted...all the time...playing straight games is slowly taking its toll on her...she would wake up seeing missed calls from friends, family, and Thirdy.

Thirdy.
He just finished fulfilling his quarantine and he always updates her.
He has never failed to be there for her even if they were not together.

"You got this, babe, basta no injuries," Thirdy said to her one time while they were on facetime.

"I really don't know what's happening anymore, Thirds. One moment we were on top of it and now it looks like we're finishing last."

He could hear her frustration, he feels it, he sees it even with the phone screens setting the boundaries between them.

"Don't be hard on yourself, it would've been different if the schedule was kinder to your team."

"I hoped, all the time."

"Pahinga ka na, tomorrow is another day, and stop crying, Isabel for Christ's sake. You know I don't want to see you like that plus this is the only thing I can do for you, to be on the other side of the line."

They said their goodbyes.

In the morning, Coach O informed them, "Set B maglalaro mamaya."
The starters were shocked.
"You deserve it, kailangan makita ko lahat kayo para makita ko din lahat ng strength and weakness nyo."

"Is Maddie joining us, Coach?" Kim asked.

"Dito muna si Maddie sa hotel so she can get all the rest that she can. Pagkatapos ng game, may surprise ako sa inyo." Coach O announced smiling.

It made the girls excited and clapped in unison. The coaches were just smiling seeing the players happy, their spirits uplifted.

They continued their day, usual training, stretching, workout, conditioning.

"Coach, ano naman plano mo?"Mona asked while the rest were busy.

"Masyado na napukpok mga bata, alam ko pagod na sila. No expectations in today's game, they have already proved themselves.  Baka eyeopener ung nangyari kay Maddie and I can't let that happen again."

"Okay, icondition na namin sila, Coach."

The day went well, they were already at the venue, cheering their hearts out for their second-stringers.
As expected, they lost and ended 4th in the conference.

They all hurriedly went to the bus to return to the hotel and collect Coach O's surprise for them.

"Maligo naman muna kayo, mga batang ito." He said, shaking his head.

"Wala nang ligo, ligo, coach, tara na! Kinuha na nga ung wheelchair para kay Ate Maddie, paghihintayin mo pa ba sya?" Deanna teased.

They all went to the beach which was just a stone's throw away. Most of them left their phones. Bea decided she didn't want any distraction, they were going home, after all.

 Bea decided she didn't want any distraction, they were going home, after all

The sun was starting to shine the following morning. They started packing, they were too lazy to pack the night before, too much fun, probably. The taste of freedom, vacation, and training free days even for just a while before the next conference is finalized.

"Bea." It was Denden.

"Ate?"

"Di ka pa tapos mag ayos?"

"Kasi, Ate, kung saan saan na napunta iba nyang gamit, ung iba dinala pa dito ni Kim." Caitlin responded.

"Matagal ka pa?"

"Aalis na ba tayo? Wait lang, I'm almost done."

"Kami hindi pa, pero ikaw malapit na." Denden said smiling, looking at Caitlin.

Bea stopped moving and looked at both her Ate Den and Caitlin.

"Ha? Bakit ako lang? Magkakasabay tayo dumating tapos nakahiwalay ako? Sino kasama ko?" She was so ready to retaliate.

"Tingnan mo sa balcony." Denden said as she gently pushed her.

And she immediately noticed.
Thirdy.
She signaled to wait with her hand and hurriedly went to where he is.

She ran towards him and embraced him.

"What are you doing here? Pauwi na kami!"

"I know kaya nga sinusundo na kita eh?"

"Wait, you drove all the way here?"

"Ahh medyo?"

"Who drove?" Bea asked, looking worried.

"Ako? Wala ka bilib sa akin?"

"Wow! Pwede ka nang tourist bus driver hahaha."

"Basta ba ikaw lang nakasakay eh."

"Bolera, sir"

"I really miss you, Isabel, ang hirap planuhin ng araw na to kasi si Ate Bets lang napapagtanungan ko."

"And you're here! I'm so happy, Thirds."

"Mission accomplished," Thirdy said, grinning. "I love you, Bei."

"I love you, Thirds, thank you for saving me, all the time."

***********Parang love story pero hindi 😅

***********
Parang love story pero hindi 😅

1st pic not mine hahaha obviously. Happy Friday the 13th...Goodnight and enjoy.