The Start of a New Journey

Shelby looks forward to her summer holiday. Shelby works as a lawyer and would always work overtime, especially these past few days because lately there have been a lot of cases on kidnapping in New York. Her summer holiday is 2 weeks long and she plans to go to Malibu to enjoy some fresh air, beautiful sunsets and delicious martinis. She is going to stay in her rich aunt's massive house in Malibu. The house was remarkably gorgeous, with a lot of fascinating artworks and marble floors. The thing she is looking forward to most during this whole trip is self-tanning in her aunt's backyard while reading To Kill a Mockingbird. She missed listening to the sound of waves in La Costa beach while sipping her martini. She craves the overpriced pasta she ate last summer in Malibu Grill. She is exhilarated by this trip and she can't wait any longer, especially since she knows that it's going to be a blast.

As she was going into the airport lounge area, she bumped into a rude guy who didn't even apologize for making her spill her coffee over her $2000 Chanel blouse and jacket. All he did was walk pass her, with a grumpy look on his face.
She decided to let it go and not cause a scene because it's too early to let her mood be ruined. Especially since there's a long flight ahead of her.
As Heather by Conan Gray was playing at the background, she was able to calm herself down and get it together.

She survived the long flight and Aunt Debbie greeted her warmly. Aunt Debbie changed a lot since she last saw her. Her long brunette hair still as fabulous and ever and her fashion sense was still on streak. However, it was obvious that her recent divorce was getting to her, seeing her dark under eye bags and the small of 3 shots of expresso... Or should I saw depresso haha get it?
Anyways, we got to catch up as we sat on the limousine, sipping cold tea and talking about how busy work and life has been for the both of us. We also ate takeout sushi because I skipped both lunch and dinner in the plane since I hate airplane food.

When we arrived at her mansion, it was 12am in the morning. There was a lot of traffic on the way from the airport to the house. I unpacked all my things thoroughly even thought I was exhausted, got ready for bed, and collapsed on the king sized bed.

The next day, I woke up and I saw the usual avocado toast and green tea latte on the dining table ready for me. My aunt has been preparing this breakfast for me ever since I was in fourth grade.
As I've expected, my aunt is getting ready for her meeting. She said her new personal assistant is coming here to pick her up to go to the company.

When I opened the door for her so-called assistant, the man staring at me was as surprised as I was. He was the guy I met in the airport lounge area.