Unexpected Engagement

In a valley on the border of France and Germany, situated between the Rhine river and the Ill river, lived the city of Strausburg. A fairly big city, a center for manufacturing and engineering, not to mention a focal point for transportation by roads, rivers, and rails. The skies were cloudy but sunny, with a cool breeze blowing through.

On the outskirts of the city, a young man began his walk to his work. He was quite plain looking, around average weight, on the taller side, with messy curled brown hair that reached his dimpled chin. A dimpled smile crept on his face, crinkling the corners of his doe eyes, obscuring the two beauty marks under his right eye. He reached his tanned, dirtied hand into the pocket of his brown trousers. Bringing it out, he counted the number of seeds he had been given as a gift from his boss. More seeds meant more food for his family, and he loved to garden so it truly was a win win situation.

Remembering his family, he sped up his pace a bit before a loud whistle caught his attention. Turning around, he stumbled as he came face to face to a white horse. Looking up at the rider, his heart nealy stopped. The rider with his straight dark red hair, gave a gap-toothed smiled, and asked in a flirtatious tone "Hello there, dearest. Pleasant morning to see you~. It's as if God himself made it destiny for us to cross paths!" Despite his petite stature, he was clearly strong, judging by how his breeches fit around his legs. He wore a pair of black hunting boots, with long white socks, a blue waistcoat over a white blouse and a red satin lined velvet capelet.

A little startled, the brunette awkwardly waved, "Oh! Good morning Monsieur, excited for today's hunt? I'm sure you'll shoot something big, as expected of you Cherami."

Monsieur Cherami nodded, "Of course, of course. And you will cook it for me!"

Cocking his head and poking his cheek with a finger, " It'd be an honor, however I thought you have your own professional chef?" the curly haired young man asked.

"Oh but you see I want it from your hands." answered the stylish Cherami, his dark eyes devoid of any sort of light seemed to rest on the hands of the gardener.

Petting the horse, the dowdy man looked up and teased "Aren't you scared I'll poison you?"

Peering over his horse, the redhead simpered, "Darling, I doubt you could hurt a fly."

Abruptly pausing, "Uh-I believe that's quite offensive! Especially from one man to another!" he pulled away from the horse, with crossed arms and furrowed brows.

The gloved hands of the archer brushed through his own crimson locks, "Oh please, there's a reason you don't hunt."

Tapping his foot on the cobblestone street, the soft brown eyes of the dimpled man hardened "Because I have a job."

Trotting his horse around the now upset swain, Cherami gave yet another pretentious smile, "No silly, it's because everyone knows you aren't the most manly of men. You know how it is."

Turning to follow Cherami's twirling, "And you are? Not trying to be rude Monsieur, I understand you have multitudes of achievements however you must admit you are quite feminine yourself."

"Now darling, is that any way to speak to me?"

Having finally had enough, the rough, tanned hands of the gardener grabbed the reins of the horse to halt. He looked Cherami in the eye and sternly said "I speak to whomever I wish. However I wish."

Cherami gave a smile, and pet the curly head of hair "And that's just what I like."

Having calmed down he let go of the reins, "Hmph. I'll cook your kill if you do me a favor."

Cherami jumped off his horse, "Anything darling."

Taking a moment to admire the hunters pale skin with freckles that danced across his cheeks and nose, he looked away and asked "My dad will be visiting Germany for work, may you escort him? He's old and quite frail. I don't want something to happen to him."