Part 1

Manhattan NYC

Manhattan NYC

POV:Serenity

I lightly tapped my pen on the marble table as I stared at my sketch for what seemed to be ages.

I was looking for something to give me inspiration for the final touches on a design I was busy with.

It was about to be sunset and I was excited because thats my favorite time of day and also when most of my creative moments set in.
So I was hoping this one would do it for me aswell.

I was pulled out of my thoughts too fast as the door to the penthouse opened and a bunch of commotion followed right after.

Getting up off the couch, I smiled wide and did a happy walk towards Carter as he came in first.
Walking over to me aswell he smiled putting his phone in his pocket and a paperbag of what seemed to be food on the marble table.

I stood on my tippy toes as I wrapped my arms around his neck and slowly took in his scent.

I hadn't seen him since I got out of bed and the only contact I had with him was the goodmorning note he left on my bedside table telling me he'd be in the studio all day.

Right on cue Carters manager David and his best friend Luca came in hysterically laughing and dabbing each other up in the
process.

"Damn I missed you baby girl."
He whispered into my ear as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I missed you too lemon." I said back making him smack his lips as we let each other go.

It was a nickname I gave to him after he dyed his hair green a few weeks back.

It was originally supposed to be a publicity stunt to promote his new album but it ended up looking better then expected so he kept the color longer than intended.

He gave me a mug look and I smiled innocently.

He hated when I called him that but I did it just to annoy him cos what are girlfriends for right.

Don't get me wrong, I love how it looks on him and I definitely played a big role in making him keep it in this long.

"You play too much bra." He said briefly pecking my lips before we turned our attention to the crew in the room, whose laughter still had the same frequency as when they they entered.

"Y'all nigga's be clowning all the damn time."
Carter said waving them off as he went to remove his shoes.

"Nigga don't be acting all matured just cos your girl here now. You know you be with this shit back in the studio"
Luca said back to him as their laughter seized and I simply stood there minding my business.

Besides the constant back and fourth these three had all day. I just admired the fact that Carter still had some real friends who had his back in this industry.