★ | 005. unknown town

Book: Burn It Down, House Of Wax
Chapter 5: Unknown Town
Word Count: 1392

Book: Burn It Down, House Of WaxChapter 5: Unknown TownWord Count: 1392

All Jacob could hear was the sound of cars honking their horns. They were on a highway but there was a massive traffic jam, the car hadn't moved an inch in the last hour.

"Dude, it's over." Nick said, leaning his head out the open window, trying to get some cool air.

"It'll move!" Blake exclaimed, looking ahead only to see the amount of cars that were blocking them.

Jacob scoffed and ran his hands down his sweaty face, not only were his ears ringing from all the honking but it was fucking hot in the car and there was hardly any cool air getting on him. "It's not moving." He groaned.

Blake was still in denial and shook his head stubbornly. "Okay, we'll make it for the second half."

"Dude I am not sitting in this traffic." Nick said, head coming back into the car to glare at the back of Blake's head.

Blake huffed and whipped around to face the three boys in the back. "Well, then what do you want me to do?!" He snapped.

"Turn around!" Jacob exclaimed like it was obvious. The three others in the car agreed with him and joined in trying to convince Blake to give up his hope to see the game and just turn around so they could go back to where they had camped to meet back up with Wade and Carly.

"I'm not missing the best game of the year." Blake put his hands up as if he had the final word.

Jacob narrowed his eyes at him. "Turn around!" He yelled in annoyance. He would rather get out and walk back then sit in the traffic for any longer.

"Turn - the - car - around - okay?" Nick spoke each word firmly and Blake sagged his shoulders, his head going forward to rest on the steering wheel, causing their car to join in on the honking.

"Dude!" Jacob cried out dramatically and put his hands over his ears. "You dick!" Nick snorted and put his head back out the window, only laughing louder when Jacob punched him in the shoulder.

★ ★ ★

They had just gotten back to the campsite and since they had been in the car for so long, Jacob really had to pee. He was holding it in as he rushed to the nearest tree. He unzipped his jeans and breathed a sigh of relief as he let himself go.

"Mind if we join you?" Dalton said, coming up beside him while Nick went to the other side of him, both of them taking a leak as well.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "You guys know there is a hundred other trees you could have chosen from, did you need to choose mine?"

"Don't like it when we pee together?" Nick snickered.