The first meeting

Harsh knocks were heard "Andrea can I come in?" it was your mom's voice behind your door. "yeah come in, it's open," you said while laying in bed on your phone "sweetie I found the best summer job for you before school starts!!" she said happily as she lays beside you in bed, "well what is it, mom?" "it's, drum roll please" you started making drums sounds while tapping both of your hands on your bed... " dog sitting!" dog sitting? you said to yourself, you were never a dog person and always preferred cats more. "I know you're more comfortable with cats but my boss needed someone to watch his dog while he's at work since his son is now busy", "well how much will I get paid?" you asked your mom curiously "you'll work 10 am to 6 pm and get paid ₩16,000 per hour which is $14 and on top of that all you have to do is walk, feed, shower and pick up after the dog!" she said trying so desperately to convince you "fine, i'll do it" your mom hugged you "thank you so much honey!!".  You sighed, it was the least you could do for your mom. It must be hard working in a brand new country as a single mother. As your mom left your room, you laid back down on your bed to think. You didn't mind dog sitting for your mom's boss to be honest, he was a nice man and was the reason your mom had the opportunity to lead a new life in Korea.  

*buzz buzz*

you got a text from a random number 

XXX-XXX-XXXX : Hello, this is Mr.Shim. Is this Miss Lim Andrea's number?

Oh, it was your mom's boss's number

you: Hello!! yes this is Andrea

mom's boss: Great, your mother told me you accepted the job offer. I hope she told you the details of the job. 

you: yes she did! the only thing she didn't inform me about is the days where I would come in?

mom's boss: Layla is a very well behaved dog, so you would only need to come in Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  

you: that's great! Since tomorrow is Monday I'll start tomorrow, right?

mom's boss: Yes, that is correct

you: alright then! I'll see you tomorrow Mr.Shim 

*mom's boss has liked your message*

Tomorrow rolls by faster than you thought and the next thing you know you're in front of Mr.Shim's apartment building.  "hmm floor 7" you said as you looked for the button in the elevator that led to that floor. Mr.Shim's apartment was quickly found as it was to the right of the elevator. You knocked on the door and it was opened by a lady you could only assume was Mrs.Shim "ahh hello! you must be Andrea, I am Mrs. Shim. Come in, i'll introduce you to Layla".        You walked into the apartment complex to be greeted by bright natural lighting...and a hyperactive cream Border Collie. "Layla down," Mrs.Shim said trying to stop Layla from jumping on you. "Here is her food, over there is where we keep her leash and toys", "in the shower, there's a cabinet, the second last shelf is her shampoo and conditioner etc", "and the only rules we have for her is to make sure she doesn't go onto the balcony". Before you know it, you were alone with Layla. "so Layla...wanna go for a walk?" the cream coloured dog with boba eyes looked back at you with excitement and you took that excitement as an answer. Time flies fast when you're having fun, you never expected you could enjoy the company of a canine like you did today and on top of that at 6 pm on the dot, Mr. Shim transferred ₩146,835.36 to your account. You could get used to hanging with Layla. Tuesday was boring or in other words anticlimactic, you had so much fun the previous day you felt like gloop today. You decided to do what the logical thing was to do which was shopping!!

You were on your way to your subway station to go home when you walked past one of those underground kpop stores, you were never interested in kpop back when you were in the states since you grew up in a white predominate area but since you're living in Korea you decided why not. You walked into the store and was greeted by a bunch of shelves filled with what you could assume were albums. Overwhelmed you decided to ask your friends for help.

 ABG baddies...& ryujin

you: guys i'm in a kpop store, which kpop group should i get?

giselle: *kpop group album, and i suggest nct dream!! 

ryujin: no way bro straykids all the way 

you: i'm only getting one album...

giselle: get enhypen, their b side songs are>>>

*ryujin has liked giselle's message* 

ryujin: i agree and heeseung!?!?!??? HELLO??? HE IS SO FINE 

you: alright then enhypen it is 

You looked for enhypen's section and once again you were overwhelmed so you asked the store clerk, "excuse me? which enhypen album would you recommend me to get?", the store clerk replied with "hmm it depends on which concept from them you prefer but in my opinion i really like Border: Day One dusk version!" "then i'll purchase that one then!". You left the store with your new kpop album. 

Once you got home you facetimed your friends 

"okay guys album unboxing time" you said, "OMG I WONDER WHAT YOUR PULLS ARE" "ryujin calm down she doesn't even know who enhypen is". You heard ryujin gasp "you're right, ANDREA DONT OPEN THE ALBUM we need to give you a introduction". One hour later, "so?? what do you think?" giselle asked "uhh that was a lot to take in...and not gonna lie i forgot all the names and faces already", "UGH WHO CARES OPEN THE ALBUM NOW DUMMY". You pulled out two cards and showed your friends when you heard gasp "OH MY GOD ANDREA , YOU PULLED JAY AND SUNGHOON??? NO WAY" you turned the cards around to find one blonde boy and a boy with a perfect symmetric face, woah hes hot you said to yourself. 

A week later

You've been dog sitting for Mr.Shim for a week now and honestly it's so fun. You've grown closer to layla and she's grown fonder of you. "Andrea tell your mom i'm inviting you both for Layla's birthday dinner this saturday!" Mrs.Shim said "Alright I will! I'll see you on wednesday!".

Mrs.Shim pov 

I closed the door for Andrea when i got a sudden call 

*ring ring* 

"Hello?"

"Hi Mom"

"Oh son! are you available for Laylas birthday dinner this saturday?" 

"Of course mom! if it's Layla i'll always make time!"

"That's great to hear son but one thing, I invited a employee that works with your dad and  as well as her daughter who has been watching Layla to eat dinner with us"

"Oh...that's fine"

"Don't worry, she just moved to Korea and she doesn't seem to interested in kpop"

"oh that's good! okay mom i'll come home on friday"

[Author's note, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! this is my first time writing!!!]