Meeting with a Margarita

" Hey Annie I'm just reminding you to get those lab results  completed as soon as possible". Said Jerry my boss. "I'm on it Jerry don't worry about it". Hello friends my name is Annie Lee. And I was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. I still live here because I love it here and I work for a big chemical industry here. Now, I listen to all different types of music; but my favorite is southern rock. And my favorite band is Lynyrd Skynyrd. I can't wait to see them when they come here next month. I am so excited! Ronnie Van Zant is my crush but I bet he's already married. As I turn back to my lab station I take a deep sigh. Just thinking about what it would be like if me and Ronnie were to be together. I start to process the completed lab orders before I leave to go home for the day. As I'm doing that a couple of my co-workers come strolling in. "Hey Annie you want to go to a bar tonight"! I turn to see three people in front of me with big smiling faces. "Sure"! Although I was tired, I just for some reason couldn't turn down a drink. So I check to see if the lab results processed correctly and confirmed that Jerry got them before I left. After completing all of that I hoped in my car and followed my co-workers who were also my friends, to the bar. We get there and have a seat at the bar and order some cocktails and Margaritas.  I never let myself get to drunk though. "Hey Annie we're gonna go upstairs to the dance room really quick". Said one of my co-workers Shayna. "Are you cool by yourself? because I know you don't like to dance". "I'm great" I said. They all left to head to the dance room on the top floor of the bar. This was one fancy bar. It had a lower floor for food and drinks and then an upper floor for dances and parties to be held.  So as I sit alone, I check my email for anything that Jerry possibly could have sent or any other lab orders and research that needs to be done. "how's it going today sir, what can I get cha"? said the bartender. I looked up to see who he was talking to and he had his eyes on a person who came and sat next to me. "Blackberry Grapefruit Marg please". I looked over and couldn't believe my eyes. He didn't look over at me. Instead he looked up towards the top floor. But I knew this man anywhere. Hat on hat off I knew him. It. Was. HIM. "Coming right up" said the bartender. I just wanted to burry my head in my hands at that moment. I was nervous to even be beside him. But what is he doing here? Skynyrd doesn't perform here until next month. I felt eyes on me so I slowly looked up and looked over; just to see eyes looking straight into mine. A little smirk appeared on his face. "Hi there, I'm Ronnie. Ronnie Van Zant". "Annie Lee" I said. Wee shook hands and then the bartender came back with his drink. "You live around here"? he asked while taking a sip of his drink. "Yes. Born and raised". He looked with a full smile on his face then. "Vegas girl huh". "Yep" I said. "I know your a Florida guy". He looked over with his eyebrows raised. "Why did I say that? That's so stupid". "So you've heard of me before huh" Ronnie said. "Well... yeah. I'm uh I'm- "A fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd"? he said cutting me off. "Yes" I said quickly. He smiled and took the last gulp of his Margarita. "Another one sir"? said the bartender. "Yes sir" said Ronnie. The bartender took the cup back for a refill and Ronnie turned to face me full bodily. "So, what do you do for a living"? I smiled and told him. "I'm a chemist. I work for a chemistry research lab downtown". Ronnie raised his eyebrows and the bartender came back with his refill. He took a sip of it and said "Wow. That's amazing". I smiled. "Hey come on up with me". Ronnie took my hand to lead me upstairs. "I had so many butterflies in my stomach all I could do was stupidly laugh.