The Greatest Love (one shot)

"How could you do this to me? I thought you love me?"

"I do. Dahyun, I do love you. Please, just please listen to me." Taehyung begged at Dahyun, wanting to explain his side.

"I've been listening to you all the time, believing everything you say that it seems you have developed a habit to lie and break your promises."

"Just this once Dahyun. Please believe me. I did not do anything."

"How much more can you hurt me Taehyung? I've sacrificed a lot for you. I've hurt my parent's feelings just to fight for our love and yet you dare cheat on me?"

"Please love, I have not nor will I ever cheat on you."

"I am getting tired Tae. I've been fighting for us, for our love ever since. People are always telling me that you are no good for me and you know I don't care what they told me. I always choose you over everything but please I am only human too. I get tired. And this love is getting tiring." Dahyun cried her heart out, deeply hurt for what is happening. What went wrong? She really do not have the slightest idea.

What they have is perfect, like a flower in bloom yet through the time their love peels off its beauty. Little by little its petals withered and die.

She's  still holding on to their precious memories, praying that it is enough reason to fight for their love. Yet even their precious memories cannot convinced her anymore. She is done. She is tired. Their love is just making her dead inside.

"I am sorry Tae. I love you. It has always been you but I think I needed to love myself more this time. Our love is becoming toxic, perhaps it is better for us to let each other go."

"Don't do this to us Dahyun. Please. We can save our love, just give me one more chance."

"I am sorry." Dahyun said with finality. Her heart is in turmoil not wanting to just give up their love but her mind is telling her that she is doing the right thing.

***

She remembers everything like it just happened yesterday. Like how they met in the school library. She was in her first year of uni while he was in his 3rd. Their school was one of the most prestigious school in the country, only the creme of the crop of the society went there while he on the otherhand was a scholar. It was not really love at first sight but he sure caught her attention even in their first meeting. He was an enigma, the only scholar of the school. A poor fellow yet a genius academician and she feel deeply in love with him.

He remembers every little detail of her. She was not the usual heiress, that was what attracted him to notice her more. She was down-to-earth, kindhearted and was always the crowd favorite. Everybody adored her, most especially him. She came from a well-off family yet she acts otherwise. It was when he was told to be her tutor that he grew fond of her. Her cute little habits, her wonderful smile and yes, everything about her. He tried to stop whatever feeling he has for her because they were worlds apart and yet his fragile heart became a slave for her love.

She remembers the first time they had a date. It was in an amusement park. She was scared of heights yet that time, with her arm  tightly clutching his, she forgot her fear and everything but his cool sandalwood scent keeping her lighthearted.

He remembers her first surprised for him. Its a simple crocheted bear with uneven ears. He loved it because he knew she made an enormous effort just to finish it. He named it Tata.

They made numerous memories together. All fun and games. Until their heart grew fonder with each other.

It was her 2nd year in uni while it's his last. They both knew they feel something for each other, something much more than friends could have. It was a risk to take, it needed a big leap of faith from both of them.
He was graduating, he was poor and he needed to prove something. She was still studying, still naive from the game of love, still innocent from all the pain that love may bring. However, they both took the risk. Society be dammed. They loved each other, why would they let other people decide their love? What is right and what is wrong?