Community

PP wanted to run away the moment he saw him. How come no one told him? How come he has to serve his first and worst punishment with the person he hates? PP's hands formed a fist when he saw Billkin, the star football player walk his way.

"Miss, Why is he here? Doesn't he have practice to do?" PP asked almost pleaded to Miss. Telly. She looked in astonishment as well but ignored. "Maybe he did something wrong as well like you. I think cleaning the playground and gym will make you both reflect on your mistakes."

It wasn't just cleaning though! It was cleaning on an early Sunday morning and PP was already hating it. He was the perfect student with straight A's, the perfect guide to win a debate and a motivational public speaker. And he didn't regret the punishment because the reason behind it wasn't his fault until he saw Billkin.

Billkin bowed to the teacher.

"The coach was angry the other day I missed practice so he told me to do community. Sorry you had to come here too." Billkin explained and Telly was impressed. "PP, look at him. He has began to already realize his mistakes." "Just because he is sucking up to you doesn't mean he is regretting."

"PP, keep on talking like that and next Sunday also you will be here." PP rolled his eyes. "So boys, you have to clean the gym and the playground. After that you can leave. Also take this as a lesson and reflect upon your mistakes."

Telly grinned at Billkin while glared at PP as she left. "Do you argue with everyone?" This was the first thing Billkin asked. He was aware that PP hated him. "Let's establish some ground rules. "You don't talk to me. You don't come near me and you don't talk to me." PP was very serious as he said that but Billkin chuckled.

PP was surprised at that reaction. "What are you laughing at? Am I joking?" PP asked folding his arms. He was wearing black shorts and a blue t-shirt. His hair were messy and his brows furrowed as he gave Billkin a pointed look.

"Ok but if we do this as a team, we can get out early." He had a point but he never wanted to be involved with Billkin in any way. "Guess what! I don't have anything planned to do today anyways. No late night parties or night out so I might keep cleaning this school till... it sparkles like moonlight." PP knew he was making absolutely no sense.

Billkin chuckled again and PP rolled his eyes and left to be followed by Billkin who was apologising now.

The school ground was as huge as one could imagine. To make two teenagers clean that ground even in the name of community was outrageous and PP's insides were screaming for him to tweet about this. It was injustice after all!

"Why are you glaring at that bird?" Billkin asked breaking PP's train of thoughts. Apparently there was a bird on the ground in front of them. "I thought that I made it clear on no talking." PP turned to look at the football captain in a sleeveless tshirt and khakis. He flashed a smile at him.

PP would have melted at the smile only if it was a year back!

"Come on! You planning to be mute for the entire day or what?" Billkin asked in confusion. "Watch me!" And at that PP left to find the gloves and the broomstick. The boy had never even cleaned his own room before! He belonged to a rich family and they had maids for everything.

He saw his phone ringing and it was a call from Leh, one of his best friends. "Before you complain or whine! Don't be bitchy. Just clean the place as much as you can but no need to stress on it. Listen to some of your favourite music from Tilly Birds."

PP let out a deep breath. "I am not alone here. Billkin is here to do community as well!" PP heard how Leh choked on something.

"But he is the captain of football team! Doesn't he have practice or something?" She said with the same shock as him. "That's what I said!" PP was always happy and proud of how Leh matches his wavelength. They both argued a lot due to their exact same behaviour but were each other's first supporters.