Leave the Past in the Past

Flashback

Beyoncé rounded the corner on her heels , her vision blurred with the blood streaming down the cut on her forehead as she gathered her strength leaning against the door for strength as she raised her fist to knock .

"I wish the fuck you would" she heard from behind her , the hairs standing up on the back of her neck as she cussed under her breath wishing she listened to her father when he told her to stay in school and stop entertaining the man that was now holding her at gun point outside of her own house .

She was so tired of this same ritual .

For the last three years she had decided to stick by her much older boyfriend who had possessive qualities and a quick temper along with the talent to turn around and be the sweetest guy .

Jekyll and Hyde

That's what she likened it to . When things were good between them they were great , but when they were bad ? She'd end up getting her ass beat , her phone taken , her communication with her family and friends cut off from her , and ultimately her freedom as she fought to get back on his good side .

But as recently, she couldn't take it anymore . She couldn't afford to play this game with him or give him more chances to love or to hurt her . After going to the clinic to get a check up and get tested for any sexually transmitted diseases after finding out that he had been unfaithful to her she discovered that all the unprotected sex she had been having over the last three years had finally caught up to her and that she was with child .

Pregnant

She was practically a baby herself , what was she going to do with an infant ? Where was she going to go ? She had missed a week of school thanks to Damien's jealous streak after he accused her flirting with other boys in her gym class and she was almost positive that she had surpassed her alloted days that could be missed to stay on the enrollment list .

Fuck

How would she raise a child without a high school diploma? She wouldn't even be able to work at McDonald's without at least that or a GED . She had just turned 16 , how was she going to support herself ? It was days like this when she missed having a mother .

Being raised by a single dad was tough on her .
Her mother passed away when she was only a child , so by the time she hit puberty she had no one but her dad to help her and he didn't know anything about periods, ovulation , or to put her on birth control when she got older to prevent her from getting knocked up .

He barely even wanted to entertain the idea of her growing up , let alone becoming sexually active or having crushes . She could tell by the way he looked at her and treated that he could only see her as the little 9 year old with two pigtails and freckles clinging to him because she thought he would leave her too . He could not process that she was growing older , that she wasn't that little girl anymore , that she needed guidance and advice from an actual woman .

"Move from the door Beyoncé" Damien muttered aggressively trying not to be too loud as so not to draw attention to his crying , battered girlfriend who was trying to get away from him . "Do it before I come drag you to the damn car , I'm giving you five seconds before I come up there" he warned her .

"I don't want this anymore" she cried . "Please let me go and I won't say a word okay ? I promise I won't tell on you , I just need my Dad " she begged .