« twenty-seven »

The flight back to South Korea was a mixture of awkward and weird, everyone seemed distant all of a sudden. Without Ten being loud and making his funny remarks, no one seemed to be able to crack a smile. Doyoung still hadn't been able to speak to the male, since every time Ten saw him he'd run the opposite direction. It upset Doyoung very much because even if what Ten did was extremely bad, Doyoung didn't have it in him to hold a grudge against Ten, even if he wanted to. They always got along well, and he wanted things to stay like that.

Doyoung and Taeil had both decided to sit next to Renjun and Yangyang since it seemed the least awkward. They were able to form conversations, but no matter what they said, they all were wondering what was going on with Ten, and when he'd reveal the truth. Taeil engaged in discussions with Yangyang and Renjun as he asked the couple what they did on the days they weren't filming. Doyoung tried to listen, but his mind wavered as he looked out of the window, mind spinning with thoughts and unanswered questions. The clouds below them blocked the view of the earth, and some floated next to them, in different shades of white and grey. The male suddenly felt dizzy, so decided to rest his head along with the window, falling into a dark, twisted nap.

A few seats away from them, Johnny watched as Ten continuously fidgeted around in his seat, fiddled with his fingers and kept biting down on his lip. He could not relax at all, no matter how much he tried. He'd written a letter he planned on posting on his Instagram to explain everything to his followers, who demanded an answer. However, it wasn't his followers' reaction he was worried about. He was worried sick over what Doyoung would think once he found out the truth of the situation. Would he be mad? Devastated? Betrayed? All these thoughts caused a knot to form in his stomach, and he had unknowingly been squeezing Johnny's hand the whole time.

"Ten?" the male called out gently, making the said male snap out of his thoughts.

"Hm?"

"What are you thinking about baby?"

Ten let out a deep sigh as he looked up at Johnny's face, evident concern was written all over. "I don't know how to apologise or explain anything to Doyoung. We've been good friends, he's going to be so upset once he finds out."

The taller sat there and thought about it for a bit before caressing Ten's hand. "I think it's best you tell Doyoung instead of letting him find out through your letter," he suggested. "Doyoung would be more hurt knowing this through a post, and I'm sure he'd much rather hear everything from you."

"You think?" asked Ten, feeling unsure.

"You've told me everything that happened, and I'm sure Doyoung will forgive you for it. Once we get back to South Korea, find some time to speak to him about it, ok?" Johnny told him.

"Alright then," Ten responded with another sigh, uncertainty sitting heavily on his chest.

.

.

.

.

.

⊱ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ⊰

.

.

.