Small Intro

❤️HI! HOLA! And ALOHA:)
I don't like using the word prologue because I think it drags honestly, so this part is just a small intro/ background of the main characters :)

— Small Intro —

My name is Kailani Ohana Romano.

Before you assume that I am Hawaiian...

you're right.

I'm Hawaiian-Cuban on my mother's side and French-Italian on my dad's side: a unique mix, but a beautiful one I must say.

I am the youngest of seven in my family. The oldest of my siblings are my brother Jaeden and my sister Maile. They're twins but they look nothing alike.

A couple of years later after the twins were born, my parents had my second eldest brother, Jaxon. You'd think that after twins and a toddler, they would stop.

Wrong.

Just a few years later, they had my brothers Elijah, Keegan, and Easton, all being just one year apart. Easton and Keegan look identical except Easton has dark brown wavy hair and Keegan has straight black hair.

After two years had gone by, I came along.

My parents split up after I had just turned seven and our mother wasn't the same mother that we knew before and loved. She became an abusive alcoholic, then later on became addicted to drugs. I lived in a happy and healthy home before the divorce, but after the divorce, I was abused every chance my mother would get. I guess she chose me because I was the youngest.

But here's what's been happening since then.

Eventually, our mother, Karina was taken away from us after her last strike and was placed in a rehabilitation center back home in Miami; courtesy of my grandparents Kana and Javier. When I was seven, it wasn't explained to me that our mother went to rehab. I was always told that "Mommy is going to see special people to make her feel better." Kana wanted us to still be close to our mother by visiting her, but Maile and my brothers refused to let her see me.

They were protecting me from her.

I honestly never wanted to go anyway because I was scared. Every memory I have of my mother is painful. I thought that when I had stopped seeing my mom from such a young age, I would never have to deal with her again. As a child, I felt like things were better because that's what it felt like. After she completed her first thirty days in rehab and checked out, she got arrested for un-prescribed drug use a week later. Never in my life did I think that my mother would become this person. I don't think any kid would think of their parents to become like this.

I can truthfully say that I don't even know her anymore.

After mom was put back into rehab for the third time, our father Elias confronted Kana, demanding that my siblings and I move in with him. Maile, Elijah, and even Jaxon weren't happy with that idea at all, but Dad had his rights as our father to have custody of us. Long story short, it was a huge fight between Kana and our father, but he won that battle and he was so happy about it.

My brothers and I moved out of Miami to Los Angeles to live with Dad. Jaeden and Maile were already over 18 years of age. Once Jaxon turned seventeen, he planned to file for full custody of me. He didn't trust our father or our grandparents. Jaxon waited until he turned eighteen to file. 

Against all odds, Jaxon was granted custody thanks to the support of our grandparents and also the fact that he had every ounce of documented support and verbal support. Our grandparents were not all for Jaxon being my guardian, but I felt safer with my siblings than with my parents. They wanted us to move back to Miami because they felt like we needed a fresh start now that Mom was out of the picture. They felt like we needed to live the lives that were robbed during our childhood. As a result, my brothers and I moved out together to be on our own.
Jaxon already had the whole thing mapped out because he knew that this meant big responsibility.

Jaxon is officially my legal guardian. Elijah, Keegan, and Easton live with us too and since they're all almost eighteen, they had the option to live with Jaxon and me or go back home with Kana and Javier, our grandfather, whenever they wanted. Living with dad wasn't even an option for them out of choice. They didn't even think about it. 

My father has never harmed a hair on my head, but they treated him like he did. Ever since I was little, Dad has always been my number one supporter. He took me everywhere and gave me everything I wanted. Because our father left us in the hands of an alcoholic and an abuser, Jaxon had the right to feel the way that he did because —

Ugh, I'm rambling.

But one more thing.

Now that my parents aren't really in the family picture anymore, you're probably wondering, where's the money coming from? How are we supporting ourselves? Where do we live?

Our father is the CEO of a well-known car company called Romano Luxury which he started in Los Angeles. Since Jaxon also has a passion for cars, after he turned sixteen, he worked as a part-time assistant manager at Dad's company which paid him a pretty penny, especially for someone his age. It paid him enough to where he bought us a house. Not just a house, a $1.2 million mansion.

Jaxon made it very clear to Dad that he was not allowed to come over to visit me unless he called first or was invited and one of the boys had to be in the house. Dad lived three cities away from us, which is a two-hour drive so if he came without notice, it would be a complete waste of time.

Jaxon has been more of a father figure than a brother. Even though he's young, he always has good advice for me whenever I have a problem. I'd say life's pretty good right now...

or is it?