FORTY

40 ⎮mourning the dead

tw - fighting

"I mean look at where you are now. You're with me, safe from him. Judd Birch doesn't give a damn about you Elora." Chad sung to me while leaning closer to my dismay.

"Thats where you're wrong, Chad." A deep threatening voice emitted from my side, I didn't have to turn around to know who had a tone like that.

The blonde leaned away from me almost immediately, in shock of the sudden interruption. While he looked at where the voice had came from he calmed a bit, shoulders dropping.

"Well speak of the devil." Chad chuckled.

I looked up over my left shoulder, Judd looked down to me. His green eyes stabbed their way into mine, an obviously annoyed frown crossed his features. His hand slid across the chair and onto my right shoulder, pulling me closer to him while he looked back down to Chad.

"Right well we're leaving now Elora, see ya asshole." His grip tightened on me as he pulled me from my chair, my face visibly surprised at how calm he was acting.

"You can't just leave with my  bitch Judd. I was here before you. She doesn't want you." Chad stood up abruptly from the table, walking closer to Judd who was still a couple inches taller.

Judd sighed, letting his grip around my shoulder loosen. "Well, I didn't really want this to end peacefully anyway." Judd looked down to the floor, cracking the knuckles of his right hand then looking up to meet Chads glare.

I watched between the two of them wide - eyed. I had barely spoken a word all night and I wasn't sure if right now was the best time to start. I could tell Judd was pissed, he had the same look on his face when he saw me making out with Matt in the locker rooms.

It was pure rage.

I was almost afraid Judd was going to do what he did to Matt with Chad, bury him alive under a pile of dirt and leaves. I wouldn't be worrying about Chads safety, no. I would be worried on how long of a sentence Judd would get for doing that to the obnoxiously rich bastard. 

Judd gave a small sarcastic smile, along with a huff as his right hand swung into Chads cheek. Chad stumbled back at the pressure on his face, coughing a bit before regaining control and lunging at Judd with a wide fist. 

Without a second thought, hell maybe it was an irrational thought, I jumped into the line of fire. Chads fist unable to redirect in time. The forced punch intended for Judd rammed into my face, sending me back smashing against the table, cutlery flying off the sides and gathering the attention of the people in the restaurant.

A worried yell of my name blurred into my ears, my vision slowed the lights around me went out in a flash.

JUDDS POV

"ELORA!"  I screamed as she took a punch meant for me.

This girl was going to be the death of me, she didn't need to defend me. That was my job. Now she was sat unconscious on the floor bleeding from her nose. Though I was annoyed I rushed to her side, wiping the blood dripping off her chin.

Why the hell did she do that? 

My head slowly turned to the bastard behind me, looking a little shocked he had hit her. But there was no regret visible on his face.

It was then I remembered the conversation I had with El a couple nights ago.

Mascara ran down Eloras cheeks while she explained her situation with Chad, I watched as she failed to pull herself together.